• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Possible radiator problem

About two weeks ago, I was sitting idle in my NSX for about twenty minutes when I noticed the temp gauge was running hot. I shut the car down and checked things out. I found no leaks of coolant anywhere, but when it cooled enough to open the reservoir cap, the coolant was low. After refilling it to between the min and max line, everything was OK and I had my mechanic check it out. No problems or leaks identified. I ran the car for a couple of weeks and looked at the motor this morning and I am finding coolant on the outside of the reservoir rim. I also found some coolant under my car in the garage. Where could this be coming from? Is there an overflow drain and something causing back pressure in the cooling system? The level seems to be maintaining between min and max, and it has not ran hot since that one occasion. I am just concerned something is going on in the system since no leaks are found in the hoses. I have attached a photo of the coolant on the rim of the reservoir tank to help explain. Any ideas from the experts would be great. Thanks. Of note, that splash that you can see in the photo was caused by me when I spilled adding the coolant back in two weeks ago.

Attachments

• NSX.jpg
    NSX.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
That could be a result of the overheat and additional pressure causing it to blow through the overflow.

Check the thermostat. Maybe sticking closed?

I want to thank everyone for their input and interest. That is what makes this site so awesome and having an NSX so cool! I had it checked out after the posts and it turns out there were two small cracks in the expansion tank. Problem solved. Again, thanks to each of you.

Back