• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

possible seat awap

hi all,
i test drove a type S today loved the car, the engine noise with the mesh engine cover is awesome but i did not like the seating position. i was gutted because those orange and black recaro buckets look the business.assuming that the normal seats will be a ready fit and the electrics will be ok is there anybody out there with seats that are in perfect condition who would like to swap?
assuming of course that i buy the car.

jaytip nsx said:
i was gutted because those orange and black recaro buckets look the business.
Some words don't make it across the Atlantic. May I ask...

gutted = disappointed?

look the business = look stylish, look attractive?

nsxtasy said:
Some words don't make it across the Atlantic. May I ask...

gutted = disappointed?

look the business = look stylish, look attractive?
yes sorry Ken,sometimes i forget the different terminology for our two nations.but you are right in your assumption of my wording.

jaytip nsx said:
hi all,
i test drove a type S today loved the car, the engine noise with the mesh engine cover is awesome but i did not like the seating position. i was gutted because those orange and black recaro buckets look the business.assuming that the normal seats will be a ready fit and the electrics will be ok is there anybody out there with seats that are in perfect condition who would like to swap?

I have 2002 black seats with about 4000 miles on them. I have Recaro SPG's in right now so seats are out of the NSX already. I would do the swap, and be willing to throw some cash your way.

jaytip nsx said:
hi all,

I have the Type-S seats on my NSX, and personally would not go back to stock. (BTW: The wiring harness is plug and play, no splicing or rewiring necessary..)

Keep in mind that the Recaro seats will give you more head room if you ever decide to track your NSX and need to wear a helmet.

The lumbar support on the Recaro seats is great, and they weigh a lot less than the stock NSX seats (carbon kevlar).

I find that the Recaro seats give me a perfect driving position on my NSX.

The Type-S seats are very hard to get even in Japan, so make sure that you get your money's worth when you swap with a regular set of NSX seats. Do a search so that you have an idea on how much they are actually worth.

Ken

Back