• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post has been deleted.

Zanardi 0

Suspended
This will be my last post on this "Used to be professional" site!!!!! on the ' For-sale' forums. Why do we have to wait for him to approve any transactions? Posts have been deleted because of rediculous reason and for no particular reason. i was replying to a post by 'NSX/MR2,' and another post regarding an air intake for sale - Yet they are not there no more. How strict do we have to be on this website. Apparently, i thought that we hold ourselves to a higher standard than most forum, and to need this kind of restriction is quite ludicrous and rediculous.

I am asking Lud and Anytime to address this problem, so we can maneuver around it without complication. Provided that we keep ourselves in proper control and etiquettes.

P.S. I BAN MYSELF FROM THE 'MICRO-MANAGEMENT' OF THIS SITE. I THINK QUITE A FEW PEOPLE WOULD AGREE WITH ME, TOO. JUST ASK "NSX/MR2." I think he agreed with me on this. As such, he has not participated for a while, hasn't he?

Aaron,
Are you talking about this thread? It appears that Cdog has bought the sideskirts and already paid for them. The best way to purchase items(I find this to be your issue) when posted, is to email or PM the seller directly and make the deal, rather than waiting for you post of "I'll take it" to come up. After I saw Cdogs post of the money being sent, I did edit your post saying "you'll pick it up tommorrow", to "if they didn't sell, I will pick it up tomorrow". Cdog may have made a deal with De thru either email or PM. I'm not sure what happened, but you shouldn't lash out at me, leave Prime and have it appear as though I was the reason for this. The site has changed in regards to the marketplace and I follow the guidelines when moderating them.
Sincerely,
John

This is what happens when I surf the net at 2 a.m.! I see now how this looks, me screwing it up. Sorry, but no harm meant. I hope that it all works out with the purchases. Dang, we need to use PM's and emails more.
JOhn

I didn't initially read c-dog's reply title, so I didn't first get the idea that he was talking about the chin spoiler either. There were two people before his post that first mentioned interest, so that doesn't really clear things up either.

At the very least, if the thing nzo-who is upset with is the fact that ANYTIME added "if they didn't sell", they I don't see a problem big enough to "ban" oneself, especially after ANYTIME apologized.

Did I miss something? :confused:

-Randy

dont feel bad, ive made posts in response to some rip off deals on forsale (just like i was applauded for doing a couple of years ago trying to save this group money, pointing them to cheaper alternatives) and they never appear. when i specifically say in them, "moderator, if you feel this is not appropriate, please contact me and explain", i hear nothing. the posts just never appear, and the moderator is silent.

Aaron, if you want to explain exactly what you are upset about and suggest ways to improve the operation of the site, I'm happy to discuss it. As it stands I can't even really tell what you are uspet about other that what appears to be some sort of confusion that John apologized for above. Nobody is perfect and overall John does a great job enforcing the rules I established, spending many hours of his personal time at a largely thankless job. If you would simply post your issue here before getting all worked up I'm sure it could be resolved.

The same goes for anyone else who has a suggestion for how to improve the way the site operates. I am always open to feedback. I will say however that the Marketplace forum went to the approval-required format because of constant posts from members old and new that had nothing to do with the transaction at hand. If you look back a couple months in this forum you'll see a thread where this was discussed.

Do you see the kind of language that is being exchanged here? Even when someone is pissed off, like 'ENZO-WHO,' the language is still very appropriate - No? I agree with Arron that this site holds itself to a higher standard. I realized that 'ANYTIME''s job is a thankless one (I, myself really repect him for doing that.) However, since we are going about things differently than most, if not all forums, I would like the restrictedness to be relax a bit-so things like this don't happen. I, myself, posted some messages and never see them anywhere. Why don't the moderators just point out to the person, in separate case if one of you see one of the post is being inappropriate. See if that would work better.

Take care,
De

Here's my story: I replied to a Nose Bra for sale post recently. There was no reply yet, So I posted - wanting to buy the item and asked that the seller for the payment information.
This morning when I went to check the for sale forum, there were actually 2 people who posted ahead of me (and I thought I was the first one )- I was embarrased by the situation coz it seems I was trying to steal the deal fron the first person who wanted the item. I immediately deleted my post because it seems inappropriate that I post when somebody already intended to buy the item.

I truly appreciate all the hardwork of the administrators and moderators of this great website. Thank You!

It's still hard for me to quite understand why the need to micromanage the " For Sale " forums compared to the rest of the topics? If a few people made a mistake of not following the rules - does this means that everyone else should be responsible for their actions?

Why not just delete or edit the posts that are inapropriate rather than reviewing/approving each single posts?
If this works on the other topics - why is the for sale forum any different? Anyway - I still see " wanted parts" at the "parts for sale " topic occasionally.

Here's another one: I had a problem a several weeks ago when I tried to reply on a post a parts for sale forum. My first reply didnt show up - so I waited the next day. No luck - so I posted the same reply again - waited the next day - nothing. I posted the same reply for the third time/day - still nothing while other people was able to. Then
a new post showed up at the parts for sale forum - "Wanted to buy tan seats"... I kept thinking why this guy was able to post but not me. After feeling frustrated ...I took my case to the moderator by PM and a post here. It was taken cared off right away- but the question is should we all go through this? A few days later there was another "wanted parts" on the "parts for sale" forum. :)

LINKY

Lud,

I just hope we find a better way to encourage people to follow the rules. Ex: If you get caught by the moderator (1-2 times = Warning) 3 times in violation of the rules then you get suspended for X amount of time.

Atleast people will be responsible for their own action. Less work for the moderators- I think. This is just a suggestion. Thanks Again!

Henry

Last edited:
Clearing things up about front lip spoiler

Just to let everyone know, I emailed NSX/MR2 directly, outside of NSX Prime. I told him I wanted the front lip spoiler and was ready to send a check. This exchange took place on the first day of the NSX/MR2 listing. He replied that night (again, outside of Prime) and gave me his mailing address. Once I sent the check, I made the posting on Prime. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused, but I did not want my interest in the spoiler to be delayed by the Prime post review process.

wow...i had no idea that these things are happening and to my buddy? aaron, lets over look it and try to prevent it from happening again. 'silvers & golds comes and go, but good friends are hard to come by'.

suggestion: what we need to do is enact a rule as "first comes first serve" basis via the reply on prime. the seller should apply this rule when selling. if this is not enough, natasu.com does allow the "sales" and "listing"..........any current members here is welcome to use it free for the life of nsxprime. this way, we can streamline who would be the "BUYER"

just my 2cents.

jagtiger said:
Here's my story: I replied to a Nose Bra for sale post recently. There was no reply yet, So I posted - wanting to buy the item and asked that the seller for the payment information.
This morning when I went to check the for sale forum, there were actually 2 people who posted ahead of me (and I thought I was the first one )- I was embarrased by the situation coz it seems I was trying to steal the deal fron the first person who wanted the item. I immediately deleted my post because it seems inappropriate that I post when somebody already intended to buy the item.

I truly appreciate all the hardwork of the administrators and moderators of this great website. Thank You!

Here's my example:

NSXRocks posted a bra for sale on 2/8/04, and I immediately posted an "interested" reply and sent him a PM. I never hear from him, and then he reposts an entirely new ad thread for the same bra on 2/19/04, which now sells to someone else. I bring this up because there is no way a moderator could have prevented this, other than to disallow his second thread and just edit his first.

This is obviously an "honor system" type of board, and we have to rely on others to do the right thing, even if we are sometimes disappointed as a result.

You know, the changes have thrown me off too. I really don't like having to get our posts approved, but I do understand the reasoning. We've all seen some of the non-sense posted. :)
If someone feels they have a better idea, please do share. We have all seen that Lud listens to our opinions. ;)
Ok, that's my 2 cents.... :D
Regards
- Z

Also, I posted interest in the same item Todd, and also sent a PM. I've heard nothing?! Strange... :confused: :rolleyes:

I have had no problems with the new procedures with the For Sale Forum other then having to wait. I do see a multiple problems with the different way people respond, some PM, some email and some reply. All three have pit falls, PM notifications get/have been blocked by some ISP's, some e-mail is not checked on a timely basis and replies are delayed pending approval. I can't really complain considering the cost to sell is $0.

I think that the seller should keep his "for sale" thread updated frequently, letting everyone know the transactions taking place in pm or e-mail. Words like "sale pending at this time" or "waiting for payment from buyer" would let everyone know where the deal currently stands . That way nobody's hopes go up and it lets people know immediately that there is already a buyer in front of them.

nice but that would require the moderator to sit infront of the computer all day reading and approving postings--I don't think it is feasible as they have other job. :D

Joel said:
I think that the seller should keep his "for sale" thread updated frequently, letting everyone know the transactions taking place in pm or e-mail. Words like "sale pending at this time" or "waiting for payment from buyer" would let everyone know where the deal currently stands . That way nobody's hopes go up and it lets people know immediately that there is already a buyer in front of them.

Joel said:

You can easily edit the first post reflecting this without moderator approval. If something is sold or has a pending sale, then a new post shows "SOLD" or "Pending Sale" and the thread is then closed. If a sale falls through, then I can reopen it.

Re: Clearing things up about front lip spoiler

c-dog said:
Just to let everyone know, I emailed NSX/MR2 directly, outside of NSX Prime. I told him I wanted the front lip spoiler and was ready to send a check. This exchange took place on the first day of the NSX/MR2 listing. He replied that night (again, outside of Prime) and gave me his mailing address. Once I sent the check, I made the posting on Prime. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused, but I did not want my interest in the spoiler to be delayed by the Prime post review process.

Well, I have to say that I should be the one that has a reasonable beef with this situation, since I was the first one on prime to inquire about the chin spoiler, I waited for reply and pics and next thing I know it is sold. I don't want to blame anyone for this misfortune, I'm just going to let it pass and hope that another one will go on sale.

Paul

Here's a sample of the threads I have to completely read and edit/delete. No small task, and all this accumulated in about 2 hours. There has to be room for me to make a mistake and unfortunately Aarons post was the one that was edited incorrectly. Funny thing is, I called Aaron and explained the situation and everything was cool. Seemed as though Aaron understood the situation.

Validated thread: 29862

Validated thread: 29864

Validated thread: 29867

Validated thread: 29869

Deleted thread: 29870

Validated thread: 29877

Validated thread: 29878

Validated thread: 29881

Validated thread: 29883

Validated thread: 29887

Validated thread: 29890

Validated thread: 29895

Validated thread: 29898

Deleted thread: 29899

Validated thread: 29901

Validated thread: 29902

Validated thread: 29906

Deleted post: 260985

Validated post: 260990

Validated post: 260991

Validated post: 261018

Deleted post: 261021

Validated post: 261022

Validated post: 261059

Deleted post: 261061

Validated post: 261068

Validated post: 261076

Deleted post: 261077

Validated post: 261080

Validated post: 261085

Validated post: 261130

Validated post: 261132

Validated post: 261142

Validated post: 261217

Deleted post: 261220

Deleted post: 261223

Validated post: 261242

Deleted post: 261243

Validated post: 261266

Threads and posts moderated sucessfully.

More

Validated thread: 29910

Validated thread: 29913

Validated thread: 29921

Validated thread: 29923

Deleted thread: 29925

Validated thread: 29927

Validated thread: 29928

Validated thread: 29929

Deleted thread: 29936

Validated thread: 29940

Validated post: 261294

Validated post: 261300

Validated post: 261306

Validated post: 261317

Validated post: 261321

Validated post: 261326

Validated post: 261355

Deleted post: 261357

Deleted post: 261404

Deleted post: 261422

Validated post: 261590

Threads and posts moderated sucessfully.

Back