• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post PICS of your aftermarket 17/18 Wheels!! Need some ideas for my 91' RED NSX!!! =)

FuryNSX thanx for the compliment, I waited 5 months for the rims to arrive. I just wish I had of got a different offset on the front so there would have been a deeper dish. I don't plan on going with a big brake kit so I may order different offset rim for the fronts. the rears are awesome.

I have only installed the Eibach springs with stock shocks, it lowers the car only 1.25" The wheels are F 17x8 215/35/17 R 18x10 275/30/18 with Dunlop SP 9000's I should have put 225/35/17 on the front but now will have to wait a while until they waer out.

I love the Z2's got alot of compliments on them.

[This message has been edited by NSX2NV (edited 29 December 2002).]

Tiger- THanks! I love the 18" setup, when the car is rolling especially on a slow roll the rims look HUGE, I was in awe when I saw my friend pull up in my own car...the look does it for me =)

On the ride- yes it WILL be harsh, but I dont mind it at all, also I disabled my TCS and if you take out the little bar in the throttle body you will get better throttle response, from what everyone says when they do this- I agree too.

My old NSX, Volk TE37's finished in NSX blades silver, 17 x 7.5 front, 18 x 9.5 rear, 40 offset front and rear:

6706479-cc7f-02000180-.jpg

6706524-584d-02000180-.jpg

6706586-6dc2-02000180-.jpg

6706606-4910-02000180-.jpg

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

[This message has been edited by RyRy210 (edited 30 December 2002).]

NSX2NV: What offsets are you running now on the Blitz Z2s? You mentioned saying you wished you went with a different offset to get a deeper dish in the front. What kind of offset would have you preferred? TIA for your reply.

93B18,

I have +45 rears and +41H fronts. The rear lip is awesome (5") the front lip is very small and it gives the illusion that the spokes are curved outwards as opposed to the rears the spokes look sunk in. I'm not sure what offset will look good but there is approx 1" of clearance from the caliper to the front spokes. The rear is less than a fingures width of clearance. This spring I may order 18" for the front as well but will have to speak with Blitz to see what offset I can get away with. If anyone knows the proper offset to get a wider lip in the front please let me know.

Thx

Thanks for the reply back NSX2NV. Are you using the stock rotors and brake calipers? If you go with 18s in the front, what size tires will go with so as to not affect TCS?

Originally posted by NSX2NV:
93B18,

I have +45 rears and +41H fronts. The rear lip is awesome (5") the front lip is very small and it gives the illusion that the spokes are curved outwards as opposed to the rears the spokes look sunk in. I'm not sure what offset will look good but there is approx 1" of clearance from the caliper to the front spokes. The rear is less than a fingures width of clearance. This spring I may order 18" for the front as well but will have to speak with Blitz to see what offset I can get away with. If anyone knows the proper offset to get a wider lip in the front please let me know.

Thx

NSX2NV,

I'm surprised that front doesn't look deeper. My TL has 18x8 (+45) all around, and they look really deep for a FWD car. I don't know what the "H" in your +41H offset means, however.
Here's a pic:

tl_new_exhaust02.JPG

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

I may try a 18x8 in the front with +45 offset. I'll try to call Blitz Monday. Their closed till then. Maybe in a few months someone will get a great deal on two 17x8 Z2's with 175 km's on them. Brandspanking new rubber as well.

I'm running stock brakes. I've only painted the calipers red with black lettering. I'd like to get aftermarket drilled or slotted rotors but can only find a set for the front no one offers them for the rears in stock 97 sizes.

Lights-004.jpg

Party-044.jpg

In this pic you can see how deep the rear lip is. the front look very small when compared.

[This message has been edited by NSX2NV (edited 10 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by NSX2NV (edited 10 January 2003).]

why do you say you wish you went with 225/35/17 in front instead?

I am looking at a 17x8 front wheel with 215/35 tire, not sure what the difference would be? would like to know your reasoning.

thanks,

Originally posted by NSX2NV:

I have only installed the Eibach springs with stock shocks, it lowers the car only 1.25" The wheels are F 17x8 215/35/17 R 18x10 275/30/18 with Dunlop SP 9000's I should have put 225/35/17 on the front but now will have to wait a while until they waer out.

I love the Z2's got alot of compliments on them.

[This message has been edited by NSX2NV (edited 29 December 2002).]

Thanks Fury,

Your NSX looks awesome as well.

Ishould've bought 225's for the front because there is still room for alittle more tire. I only have a 1.25" drop so I think the 225's will fill the wheel well better and match up with rear wheels more.

I love the way the car looks but your never really satisfied all long as there's other aftermarket parts available.

Johnny

maybe this will work...maybe not. I can never seem to get a good picture of my car
frown.gif

fcbddde5.jpg

fcbdddde.jpg

[This message has been edited by ak (edited 22 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by ak (edited 22 January 2003).]

make sure you get the hub centric rings.i got my volks from wheel warehouse also,mounted and balanced ready to go.read print out the FAQ on wheels specs.

Back