• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post the best current new car deals you've seen!!

Well EZ-Lube paid out on the GF's car already and so I'm trying to help her find a new car (honda/toyota car), but also I am potentially interested in picking up an SUV/truck if the price is right.
I know there are quite a few deals out there.. if you've seen anything that almost sounds too good to be true.. POST IT UP!!! :biggrin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honda Ridgeline

$4,500

$4,500 dealer cash, which cannot be combined with promotional financing. Good through June 30.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nissan Titan

$5,000

$5,000 customer cash, which cannot be combined with promotional financing offer of 0.9% for up to 60 months or 2.9% for 72. Both offers good through June 30.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dodge Durango

$4,900

$4,500 customer cash, plus $400 dealer cash, which cannot be combined with promotional financing or "Let's Refuel America" promotion. Good through June 30.

I guess they can't pay people to take these things huh? I was just at Toyota getting service done on my employee's Yaris and the salespeople were telling me they cannot keep them in stock. 12K out the door an 40 MPG is what everyone is looking for these days. Its amazing how the market can change so quickly.

Anyway go Ridgeline or Titan, the Durango will lose the 4K as soon as you drive it off the lot.

When they say "customer cash", do they mean you get that in hand or does it get applied to the selling price? It would have to be WAC too, right?

If you wait another day or two they will probably be paying you to take an SUV off the lot so long as you promise not to bring it back.

GM is offering suppliers and select others their "friends and family deal" through month-end. O

Examples of rebates include:

$7K back on Hummer H3
$6K back on Chevy Silverado TD, GMC Sierra TD, Hummer H2
$5K back on Caddy Escalade, Chevy Kodiak, Silverado gas, GMC Sierra gas

We had a local dealer that was giving away a free truck with the purchase of an altima!

Last week, I picked up an '08 Sequoia Platinum (msrp $59K) for $51K plus 0% for 60 mos.
Saved $8K off sticker plus another $12K interest = $20K savings which I plan to buys alot of gas with.

interest'ing...

Last week, I picked up an '08 Sequoia Platinum (msrp $59K) for $51K plus 0% for 60 mos.
Saved $8K off sticker plus another $12K interest = $20K savings which I plan to buys alot of gas with.
Hows does $51k correlate into $12k in interest over 60 months?

Are you speaking of compounded interest? I assumed all car loans were simple interest?!? :confused:

Purchase price: $51,000 (exclude TTL for purpose of simplicity)
Down-payment: 0
Trade-in: 0
Avg. interest-rate: 5%
Term of loan: 60 months

Total interest to be paid: $6,751

... that is, unless you were referring to an interest rate of nearly 9%!?! :eek:

Re: interest'ing...

Total interest to be paid: $6,751

... that is, unless you were referring to an interest rate of nearly 9%!?! :eek:

Actually new car loans are averaging just under 7% so 9% is really not that far off. I would bet that MANY people are paying that, or more, on a new car today.

It's a great time to buy any vehicle with a V8....

Unfortunately my trade in is a V8, so it's a wash for me. Gonna just keep driving it.

Back