• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post your 1/4 mile times.

Very nice. Trap speed is all about HP so you are right on target with the 500+ HP cars. Almost joined you but I can't keep traction in third gear, gonna wait for new wheels and tires.

Very nice. Trap speed is all about HP so you are right on target with the 500+ HP cars. Almost joined you but I can't keep traction in third gear, gonna wait for new wheels and tires.

Oh man. Let me know when you are ready. Although, you'd probably only get one run in without a cage. :rolleyes: BTW, you're old clutch was handling everything I was throwing at it with ease.

Just looked at my log data. Indeed, the log does show I hit 125 right on the money in 3rd at 8500. Also.... on my last/best run. 0-60 3.9 sec (this includes my crap 1-2 shift.) 0-100 8.4 sec.

Oh man. Let me know when you are ready. Although, you'd probably only get one run in without a cage. :rolleyes: BTW, you're old clutch was handling everything I was throwing at it with ease.

Just looked at my log data. Indeed, the log does show I hit 125 right on the money in 3rd at 8500. Also.... on my last/best run. 0-60 3.9 sec (this includes my crap 1-2 shift.) 0-100 8.4 sec.

What do you use to data log this info?

On the fastest run I second guessed my shift into 2nd and didn't think I was in. So I pushed the clutch in twice. So if that was changed alone, I probably would have seen 11's.
The trap is crazy. My two fastest trap speeds happened when I didn't shift to 4th. It bumped the rev limiter a couple times in 3rd at the end. I know the stock 5spd, which mine is hits redline at 116ish...would the rev limiter be 125? Mine is set a little higher than stock at maybe 8.5K.

Here is my last/fastest run...the 12.14. You can see the Camaro has actually done this before and can react and launch, but I'm clearly reeling him in at the end. You can also hear my screw up into 2nd.
The Camaro did a 12.04 @112.

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1ck1n-kPkx8" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

so your trap speed is 125mph? i noticed that u use only 3 gears with a us 5speed ? i have the same trannny and and i use 4th
my 3rd finishes @118m

That's awesome. What type of Dyno were you on?

My old bbsc did 412rwhp on Dyno dynamics. I never got to run it. :mad:

so your trap speed is 125mph? i noticed that u use only 3 gears with a us 5speed ? i have the same trannny and and i use 4th
my 3rd finishes @118m

My traps were slower when I shifted into 4th. If I just left it in 3rd and hit the limiter right at the finish I got higher traps. Like I said above, hitting the limiter at 8500 puts me right at 125 in 3rd.

That's awesome. What type of Dyno were you on?

My old bbsc did 412rwhp on Dyno dynamics. I never got to run it. :mad:

It was Lovefab's Mustang Dyno. Not sure exactly what I would do on a different brand dyno. Hits about 9.8lbs at the top end and I'm running water/meth injection. Stock motor.

Great run blodi, With that trap you should be in the low 11's. Our fastest trap was a 126. Would have been a great run but spun off the line. On the 11.6 run trap was 123. We know there is atleast a few tenths left in her :biggrin:

guys im using 295-30-18 toyo r888 on the street with my lanch set at close to 6000rpm

and i bearly get any weel spin :) you can see that im not bs'ing look at the video i posted in the previous page the gopro is right on my back tire when i do my street acceleration and my 0-160km (100mph) is 7.39sec

This is interesting and probably proves how horrible our local track is..

Im running 305-35-18 R888's and can not launch over 4k without blowing the rear tires off of the car. Our 2 step is set at 3850 rpm.

Even at 4000 rpm ur turbo nsx still make over 300 torque compair to 6000 rpm probably around 280 torque on bbsc

This is interesting and probably proves how horrible our local track is..

Im running 305-35-18 R888's and can not launch over 4k without blowing the rear tires off of the car. Our 2 step is set at 3850 rpm.

let me tell u a little secret....i tried everything and noticed that toyo
r888 r useless at the track ....there isntt any diff from running it on a icey road lol the best at the track ar drag radials and by far toyo r the best on the road

let me tell u a little secret....i tried everything and noticed that toyo
r888 r useless at the track ....there isntt any diff from running it on a icey road lol the best at the track ar drag radials and by far toyo r the best on the road

I'm not really in to drag racing but if I do it again maybe I will throw some different rubber on and see what it does:wink:

Everyone seems to be doing some sort of calculations, but nobody is showing us what they calculated and how. Like Mrbozo1 said, in drag racing trap speed is more or less meaningless - E.T. is king and all that matters is who makes it between the lights in the sortest time. But horse power, unlike torque, is a function of distance traveled, weight, and time and one of those factors is necessirly missing in any calculation it seems to me. You see, having no idea how long the car was in the traps it seems to me that it would be impossible to calculate the weigh of the car, in fact not knowing the RPM going in during and coming out of the traps you really don't even know how much final wheel horsepower was being delivered at the time. Clearly a 170 mph car that is traveling at 40 mph less is not putting out its full horsepower at the time. So as you can see, I'd like to see the formula used because the "calculations" seem mighty suspect to me.

EAC did you run your car at the track yet?

Nope, made plans to run it two weeks ago at Import Faceoff, but our house sold, so I've been overwhelmed with the process of inspections, packing, paperwork etc. I haven't even mounted my sticky tires yet. :frown:

Nope, made plans to run it two weeks ago at Import Faceoff, but our house sold, so I've been overwhelmed with the process of inspections, packing, paperwork etc. I haven't even mounted my sticky tires yet. :frown:

Priorities man, you only have a few track days left. You have a lifetime to unpack.

Dave

Well I finally got to the track last night........With the new found hp and torque I could not get the car to get a good 60 foot time, so the best I could do was a 10.8@132mph with a 1.9 60 foot. If I can get the car to settle down and get back to a 1.6 60 foot I am pretty sure that I can run a 10.2 @130-136 mph, but as for now that is just b.s. because I have not yet done it, but will try again in a couple of weeks... That is all for now.

Damn, Nice time. Beats the GT-R, 2012 Porsche Turbo S and is licking the heals of Aventador and Veryon.

Well I finally got to the track last night........With the new found hp and torque I could not get the car to get a good 60 foot time, so the best I could do was a 10.8@132mph with a 1.9 60 foot. If I can get the car to settle down and get back to a 1.6 60 foot I am pretty sure that I can run a 10.2 @130-136 mph, but as for now that is just b.s. because I have not yet done it, but will try again in a couple of weeks... That is all for now.

Back