• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post Your Most Impressive Track Video

Would like to see other people's favorite / most impressive track videos from the internet, even if you did not shoot them, post the link.

Here's my entry. I Have this posted in another thread. Click here to watch this crazy dude battling it out with an F40 and 911GT3!

------------------
All My NSX'es Live in Texas

[This message has been edited by NSXTC (edited 21 July 2002).]

I wonder if the other drivers (F & P cars) were beatin' or realized that they would rather stay out of that guys way ! His passenger acted like a child at the circus "clapping hands". Well done by the Lotus, but I gotta think the cost to repair the F-40 and GT3 is little greater in the back of my mind. Q-where was the video taken at??

i would have THOUGHT that the gt3 and F40 wouldnt HAVE to stay out of his way as i'd think they'd hav eleft the lotus in the dust. i guess not, but if i were in a lotus (or anything else for that matter) and had just passed an f40, i probably would have been doing more than clapping
smile.gif

Originally posted by Tom Larkins:
Q-where was the video taken at??

We Donno. One of the NorCal guys (Andrie or Chris) fround it first on a site in France. The page is now down. The original URL was:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/one.eleven/leluc.mpg

I have seen an elise chasing a C5, and an elise chasing a different f40 on another track, but I have seen this video nowhere else. Either this video or "Rendezvous":
http://www.nextnsx.com/videos/Rendezvous_512k.html

has to be the most insane bit of amatuer driving ever recorded that did not end up in a crash!

I like that K-car from hell too! Can't believe such an apparent POS looking car can run a 10.5! I'll have to watch out for that guy!
smile.gif

------------------
All My NSX'es Live in Texas

[This message has been edited by NSXTC (edited 22 July 2002).]

if i were in that f40 id of stayed out of that lotus's way also!btw, someone in my neighborhood just got one of those lotus's in bright yellow.

NSXTC, Insane might be an understatment. Looking at the clip again, it appears the F40 was parking it in the corners but who can blame for being careful somewhat. Also did you notice how the Lotus pounded it inside once. The GT3 gave up the line and this fool nearly went into the apex of the 40 on that right hander. Yes both the Porsche and F40 left him on the straights but I gotta think they were more concerned with making sure they didn't get a corner knocked off. Also, did you notice after the Lotus got by both of them how he was all over the place when when trying to pass the other red car. Talk about not keeping your line.. Also noticed that the GT3 looked like one of the x RacersGroup cars that are prepared out of Sears Point. The paint looks similar and I remember they did have one for sale early this year.

the Lotus Elise, while fast, is no match for an F-40 or a GT3 Porsche. Those guys looked like they were really poking along. Look how fast the elise passed some of the 911's.
The Elise is fast, yes...but not *that* fast.

I'll post my own best laps as soon as I get my firewire card in my computer.
Hopefully they will improve little by little.
I've done 7 track events now... but most have been confidence building events.
I'm now ready to improve my laptimes.

I'll have them on my website at http://www.granturismo.com
as soon as they become available.

Back