• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

postal service

In Pa I'm finding things are delayed going through the mail...any other regions experiencing postal delays.....that no one in the news is talking about.....

Same in Ohio. My mail that would ordinarily take 2-3 days to reach a regional destination is taking 7-10 days. Local mail that is usually next-day is taking 5-7 days. It’s gotten to the point that I’ve thought about using FedEx more.

I had legal documents sent to me by priority overnight mail on 12/4. The sender was 35 miles away from me in the same state. I received it 1/3.

Regular first class mail was sent to me from my high school on 12/14. I received it 1/12.

I mailed my Christmas card to my mother in law. I dropped it off at 8am in my local post office. It took 8 days to get to her 1.2 miles from that post office.

....Houston.....troubling system problem esp for legal documents. Bill paying ect...

Last edited:
I had a bill dispute with Bloomingdales, I had never received the bill, 4 years later, it arrived. Better late than never?

Yep.

I had been wondering about a certain credit card statement and it finally came in probably about a week or so before the due date.

Right afterwards, I received this email:
Your Bank of America mail sent through the United States Postal Service may be delayed
We understand the United States Postal Service is experiencing delays. As a result, your Bank of America mail, including statements and year-end tax information, may also be delayed.

<tbody>
</tbody>

I'm sure it doesn't help that for the past two months, leading up to the Georgia run-off elections, the USPS was being inundated with political junk mail galore.
Actually, I wonder if that was only occurring in Georgia, but then again a lot of the mail was still coming from out of state.
The creepiest ones were the hand-written letters from random/across-the-country locations/persons.

I felt pretty bad for our USPS carriers. One day, I swear I received a pound of nothing but junk mail. And you have to imagine that's going to each and every house.

And even more intriguing was the fact that the junk mail almost stopped exactly right after January 5th (the run-off voting day). I think I got only one piece on the 5th and then a slacker piece on the 6th.
But, oh, am I ever glad the relentless spam text messages and calls are over.

Last edited:
Pony Express had better delivery stats in 1860s.

07d1378880159639bdf51fe3498d65a6.jpg

Yes, delays here too.
H-

Its bad I have checks to vendors that are literally MIA.....I need Braddock....

Certain packages ordered before Christmas still haven't made their way to our house. Tracking information seems to basically include that the items shipped and that they are on their way.

It's good practice in patience.

A check just got cashed....3 weeks after I sent it....:rolleyes: this is the universe telling me to E pay every thing.....not up in here...suck it!!!!! I will continue to pay my late fees and penalties.....eat that universe...

Ordered LED 9006 bulbs from CA. Shipped 12/17/20 delivered to PA 1/21/21. Just use USPS if you have to.

I got woken up by a USPS automated text telling me that my package from NJ is suppose to arrive today. That must mean it was scanned and out with the mailman this morning. It's only a week late. Let's see if they're finally catching up with the backlog.

I can understand delays at Christmas with increased shipping and decreased workers from covid but I don’t understand the constant unnecessary “handoffs” of a package.

This was supposed to be delivered 1/21. It started from a location 25 miles south of me in NY. It was sent to a distribution center 25 miles northeast of me in CT the day before it was due. Now it somehow is in another distribution center 98 miles away in Massachusetts.

This has happened with the last half dozen packages sent by USPS.

06635440-A243-423E-A52B-C8CFDE82351B.jpg

My package from NJ to CA is still in limbo for about a week delayed now. However, my package from northern CA to southern CA arrived in time. Both are USPS. Have had no issues with the other carriers.

I got woken up by a USPS automated text telling me that my package from NJ is suppose to arrive today. That must mean it was scanned and out with the mailman this morning. It's only a week late. Let's see if they're finally catching up with the backlog.
It arrived yesterday but what I thought originated from NJ was from CO. I have a feeling that if your packages stops at shipping hubs in certain states on stricter lockdown, these are going to be bottlenecks perhaps. Hopefully they're catching up...

Back