• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Potential big changes for 2021?

According to Rolled on Temple of VTEC, it looks like there might be big changes in store for the 2021 NSX. He alluded to more of a FMC than MMC to address some of the issues with the car. He also indicated that NSX R&D and engineering has moved back to Japan, as Honda was not happy with the Ohio team's work re build quality, design flaws, glitches, etc. Some of these issues appear to be corrected by the 2019 changes, but it seems Honda Japan has larger plans for the car. Considering he's been right on many of the rumors over the years, I wonder what Honda is thinking about? My guesses:

1. Power up the ICE
2. More power from e-motors
3. Major chassis/frame changes
4. Design language refresh to Type-S concept and/or legacy NSX (longer tail/bigger trunk?)
5. Lightweight "premium" versions- Type-S or Type-R?

Finally, it looks like Honda has decided to keep the NSX going after a couple years of "picking their noses" and are going to spend some $$$ to improve the car and hopefully boost sales.

https://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1393748

I would guide that RolledNSX may not be providing info you can take to the bank

I stopped posting on that site after a few back and forths with that person.

According to Rolled on Temple of VTEC, it looks like there might be big changes in store for the 2021 NSX. He alluded to more of a FMC than MMC to address some of the issues with the car. He also indicated that NSX R&D and engineering has moved back to Japan, as Honda was not happy with the Ohio team's work re build quality, design flaws, glitches, etc. Some of these issues appear to be corrected by the 2019 changes, but it seems Honda Japan has larger plans for the car. Considering he's been right on many of the rumors over the years, I wonder what Honda is thinking about? My guesses:

1. Power up the ICE
2. More power from e-motors
3. Major chassis/frame changes
4. Design language refresh to Type-S concept and/or legacy NSX (longer tail/bigger trunk?)
5. Lightweight "premium" versions- Type-S or Type-R?

Finally, it looks like Honda has decided to keep the NSX going after a couple years of "picking their noses" and are going to spend some $$$ to improve the car and hopefully boost sales.

https://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1393748

Lol...isn't that the guy that throws out news and "insider info" like he's privy to the inner workings of everything at Honda but only uses the Google alert system?

Some of what he says comes true, but lots does not. His access is, I’m sure, limited. All we know for sure is from that recent Automotive News article about the Type S prototype based on conversations with Acura: RLX gone, NSX stays as halo, 2 mainstream sedans and 2 mainstream SUVs. Liking

I would guide that RolledNSX may not be providing info you can take to the bank

I stopped posting on that site after a few back and forths with that person.

I take everything he says with a grain of salt, but I've been following his posts since before the NC1 was developed and he has been mostly right. He's been quoted in the mainstream press too- some people think he is a Honda plant on the forum to keep interest high.

Lol...isn't that the guy that throws out news and "insider info" like he's privy to the inner workings of everything at Honda but only uses the Google alert system?

I think he is a Japanese guy with friends who work at Honda engineering. Many of the quotes he references sound like engineers grumbling about upper management. I work at a huge company- it actually sounds about right to me lol.

Some of what he says comes true, but lots does not. His access is, I’m sure, limited. All we know for sure is from that recent Automotive News article about the Type S prototype based on conversations with Acura: RLX gone, NSX stays as halo, 2 mainstream sedans and 2 mainstream SUVs. Liking

Yeah, I think he's getting the rumors as direction is passed down to the engineering team from management. I don't think he has access to senior Honda people.

I was told the car was designed as a Targa since the NC1 project first started. Seems logical as Honda/Acura seems to move off 4/5 year product cycles.

hoping for at least type S

I would guide that RolledNSX may not be providing info you can take to the bankI stopped posting on that site after a few back and forths with that person.
I read through the link to what Rolled NSX had to say. Very vague in language. Suggesting that when the power was increased problems occurred suggesting that the design was flawed. Seems particularly improbable given what tuners have done thus far with the car. Just adding the downpipes, plus methane, plus Jb4 can increase the power by 100 hp and I have not heard of any issues to date. Also suggesting that Japan is taking over due to all the quality issues that impacted the car. Those quality issues were less about assembly and more about the supply chain. Again lots of unsubstantiated talk.....

The internet where rumor become fact.....

.and the check gets PPF....

Back