• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PPI near Marlboro NJ

There isn't anyone really other than Acura of East Brunswick near there. They are about 10-15 minutes away. I don't have any experience with them at all.

Last edited:
Get the car to Larry Bastanza, nobody better!!!

Near Marlboro NJ, you may want to give Bill a call at GT Japanese Automotive in Edison. Larry is the best if you can have the owner of the car drive it further.

Where is Larry located?

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, I found it. I'm going to try and see if the owner is willing to drive 2 hours. Let's see how that goes over.

Mike, aka "The Kid" who is the used car manager at Bridgewater Acura lives not that far from there. May want to send him a PM.

Whose car is it anyway? I know of a few in Marlboro.......it's not really fair to even ask someone to drive two hours to have a PPI done in my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
That car is a one owner car maintained by the selling dealer. It even has the old NJ Lic plate. I would let them do the PPI....that's the dealer I mentioned. If it all checks out and they produce the service records, I would then make your deal and make arrangements to have Larry go over the car for you.

Owner can't find the service records and he also used independent shops for the service. I've also left a message with one of the service coordinators at the dealer.

Last edited:
Owner can't find the service records and he also used independent shops for the service. I've also left a message with one of the service coordinators at the dealer.

In that case, it is imperative that you get the owner to make the 2 hour drive to Asimo in Warwick, NY. These dealerships, no matter how good they are, never have service records. They always give you mats or tires!

I was looking into this specific car last summer. I have the car fax report in case you haven't pulled it yet. Its uninformative, only 2 entries. One from 1991 (title issue, mileage was 29) and the other from 2010 (title again).

I was looking into this specific car last summer. I have the car fax report in case you haven't pulled it yet. Its uninformative, only 2 entries. One from 1991 (title issue, mileage was 29) and the other from 2010 (title again).

I all ready pulled the Carfax, but thanks anyways and you are correct, it's extremely uninformative. No service records or anything. My guess is the dealer never actually serviced it. It was probably always done at an independent shop. Were there any reasons why you didn't buy the car?

I all ready pulled the Carfax, but thanks anyways and you are correct, it's extremely uninformative. No service records or anything. My guess is the dealer never actually serviced it. It was probably always done at an independent shop. Were there any reasons why you didn't buy the car?

I never got around to seeing the car in person. The seller was slow to respond to my messages, also cancelled an appointment on me. I figured he had a deal in place with someone else and was just keeping me warm. I stopped calling.

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, the NSX I eventually bought, it went to Larry for a thorough inspection. It took me all of 1 day to realize the man is a living legend. A true gentleman too

Incidentally, the NSX I eventually bought, it went to Larry for a thorough inspection. It took me all of 1 day to realize the man is a living legend. A true gentleman too

best of all he knows Gandolf personally...........

............lol Rich ......do I have to spell it out for you...

Back