• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Preliminary Numbers

I like your concept, just a couple of questions/concerns:

Do you think hanging the IC back there is going to affect the weight balance at? Or do you maintain a pretty close balance by getting rid of the stock muffler system?

Do you have an IAT probe on the car? I would be very interested in seeing those results.

Dylan

Hi Dylan,

It's more of a trade off, between the stock exhaust and emissions equipment, the turbo/intercooler are probably pretty close to the same weight. I have not weighed both to compare exactly, but I will do so the next time I have the stock components at my disposal.

We do have an IAT, and have been playing with different shroud/roll pan configurations to get the best flow to/through the intercooler. I will post the results when we finalize the design. But rest assured, we will not release the kit until the IAT's are where we want them.

I don't know if the best it's a water/air intercooler or a air/air intercooler.
I am making my turbo system, but I choose my intercooler system for moment.
With Air/Air, the charge pipe is very long, my turbo is rear/left, intercooler in middle, 200-250cm with charge-pipe + intercooler.
With water/air, the carge pipe is short, the turbo is rear/right, intercooler replace stock airbox, 70cm for the chargepipe+intercooler.

I want to use my car for track and mountain.
I don't know the exact word, but with turbo you have 2 importants problems:
Lag=I am in a corner, 30% on the throttle, and I accelerate to 100% when the corner finish, I don't want to wait 1sec before the boost is 0.8bar
Spool=I am at 1500rpm, I accelerate 100% throttle and I must to wait 4500rpm before to have 0.8bar.

The best solution if I want no lag is water/air intercooler ?
But the water become hot in 2-3laps, or 10laps ?
I want to put a radiator to cold the water, but the radiator will be in the side vent.

Good thinking but the IC set-up is going to have less to do with what you are talking about and more to do with turbo selection. Sure, sure, I will give you that charge pipe size, and IC size and pressure drop, and so on and so on has to do with throttle response and what not, but really you need to focus your attention on the turbo itself. That will be where all the characteristics of the car will be decided, everything else would be considered minor to that.

J. R.

Hi Dylan,

It's more of a trade off, between the stock exhaust and emissions equipment, the turbo/intercooler are probably pretty close to the same weight. I have not weighed both to compare exactly, but I will do so the next time I have the stock components at my disposal.

We do have an IAT, and have been playing with different shroud/roll pan configurations to get the best flow to/through the intercooler. I will post the results when we finalize the design. But rest assured, we will not release the kit until the IAT's are where we want them.

Thanks, exciting to see your results!

Dylan

Tim,

I am a bit late but congratulation!! :cool:
It is absolutely great you are back on the road; It has been a while. :biggrin:
I hope you can keep up with if not ahead of your wife's Nobel. :wink:
I hope to see you and your car at one of the upcoming events. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Best of LUCK and my Best wishes for a GREAT Season.

What's the approximate cost of the just the motor build and how long does the entire job take? I have 2 spare motors and might keep one and have it built and turbo'd.

Well the motor build and the turbo kit install have two separate time frames. Once the turbo kit is mass produced, install times should be very consumer friendly. The motor build is dependent on my machine shop/motor builders current lead time. But even at their busiest, they can normally get a motor back to me within 3-6 weeks.

I still have to have the conversation with my machine shop/engine builder as to what my recurring cost will be for the motor builds. Up to this point, each NSX motor has had different procedures, so I have to hammer down a cost for a standard motor build. However the cost of the motor build depends on what you want done. I'm assuming you want low comp. pistons, sleeves and stock rods? I'm guessing that is what the majority of the market will want, but I will offer aftermarket rods(and other options) to those who will want more then the stockers will handle. I will try to post up a price estimate of just the motor build soon.

Momin,

Congratulations on your new setup. Awesome power and torque numbers and good usable power delivery, and you're only getting started:eek: Indeed these are fun times for FINSXs with you and Cody in the Midwest, Armando and Frank in the Southeast, FX and Autowave out west, JR and Joe in Utah, and all the Sc'd NSXs all over the place! Best of luck in your pursuits and keep us informed.

Best Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
Momin,

Congratulations on your new setup. Awesome power and torque numbers and good usable power delivery, and you're only getting started:eek: Indeed these are fun times for FINSXs with you and Cody in the Midwest, Armando and Frank in the Southeast, FX and Autowave out west, JR and Joe in Utah, and all the Sc'd NSXs all over the place! Best of luck in your pursuits and keep us informed.

Best Regards,

Danny

It is true Danny, the FI Brotherhood is on the rise! The number of FI NSXs is increasing, the HP output is going up and the dependability has improved tremendously. Sounds like BULL Market Trend in NSXs. :eek: :biggrin: :cool:

Momin,

Best Regards,

Danny

Thank you Danny. Thanks to you and the others who traveled this path before us, the trickle down theory has helped us along. I hope your quest for four digit whp is successful! I'm guessing before too long, there will be a small number of us in that club as well.

It is true Danny, the FI Brotherhood is on the rise! The number of FI NSXs is increasing, the HP output is going up and the dependability has improved tremendously. Sounds like BULL Market Trend in NSXs. :eek: :biggrin: :cool:

My thoughts exactly. :biggrin:

Back