• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Price Check - 2017 NSX

I would guess that the dealer probably paid more than the $125K you want to offer. I watch pricing fairly closely and I have not seen an NSX sell for below $130K. If it was your car, and someone offered you $10K less, would you take it?? The cars are likely to continue to come available at lower prices over time, so there will be further opportunities down the road, I'm sure. I think the $30K rebate and deep dealer discounts are gone for good, and with 6 cars sold in June, prices could stay up for the short term due to limited production. A lot depends on your financial situation and how bad you want one. My car had a similar MSRP and I got $43K total off.... I bought the car not wanting to risk not getting one at all..... and I'm glad I did.
For that car, I would think even $130K would be a great deal for the car? It costs nothing to make a low offer, but you may run the risk of pissing off the dealer. But there will be others...... good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up and advice. The dealer has had it on consignment for several months and the current owner wants to get into a 911 so I figured I would consider offering $10k less to test the waters. I don't want to be insulting, but I figured if the seller is motivated, he would at least counter. Not too many people can afford cars at this price point so I know that the days on market tends to be longer. I did read that another member of this forum paid $130k out the door for an NSX from a dealer with similar mileage in the last couple of months, but I don't know what was the new sticker price on that car.

You need leverage to get a good deal. If the owner is motivated who knows..... Like I said, can't hurt to try, especially if you don't have to have one overnight. It would help to commit to the deal, and tell the dealer that if the seller will sell it for $125K you'll buy it. They can take the offer, counter the offer, or tell you to go fly a kite.....!If they say no, move on to the next one, and who knows, they might call back a week later...... Again, good luck, and hope you eventually find the right one at the right price - great car.

I think $125k is way too low to offer. The car is priced right where the Manheim wholesale prices currently are.

I think $125k is way too low to offer. The car is priced right where the Manheim wholesale prices currently are.

That's good feedback. I appreciate it.

This is what I'd be going from to get into the NSX.

First.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up and advice. The dealer has had it on consignment for several months and the current owner wants to get into a 911 so I figured I would consider offering $10k less to test the waters. I don't want to be insulting, but I figured if the seller is motivated, he would at least counter. Not too many people can afford cars at this price point so I know that the days on market tends to be longer. I did read that another member of this forum paid $130k out the door for an NSX from a dealer with similar mileage in the last couple of months, but I don't know what was the new sticker price on that car.

I think if you offer 130k
you'll own it
Good luck

How much are you asking for that R8? I'm thinking of going in the opposite direction from an NSX back to an R8

How much are you asking for that R8? I'm thinking of going in the opposite direction from an NSX back to an R8
I'm asking $95k for the R8. It's a 2012 V10 6-speed with 31k miles. I'd love to hear what has you thinking about going from the NSX to the R8. DM me if possible.

Per your link car seems to be gone...hmmm

So I decided to go another route instead of an NSX and am picking up a 2012 Ferrari 458. Nowhere near the NSX in terms of technology but definitely beautiful to look at and a blast to drive.

My Ferrari.jpg

458, drool. Congrats!

I sign up for the Ferrari New Power Warranty. It's not a bumper to bumper warranty but covers all of the expensive parts. The car is still under the 7-year maintenance plan too.

Good situation

Thanks. In the end, owning a Ferrari checks one of the boxes on my bucket list and from what I've read and what I've seen, most people prefer the clean lines of the 458 over the busier lines of the 488. Also, the 458 is the last of the NA V8s and sounds so much better than the 488. It's a known commodity and since I bought a used one, I won't take the huge depreciation hit on it and can actually enjoy driving it instead of it being a garage queen.

On a side note, I did see a new white NSX on the road today and it looked fantastic. Definitely has that exotic flair.

Last edited:
So I decided to go another route instead of an NSX and am picking up a 2012 Ferrari 458. Nowhere near the NSX in terms of technology but definitely beautiful to look at and a blast to drive.

View attachment 155052

Awesome! Congrats !! Nicer sound, and dudes love 458!!

I have lowered mine with Novitec progressive springs ... nice, but pricey and labour intense .... ( 7 or 8 hour labour to install + 2 hour alignment *_* )

Last edited:
Lowered, nice ... but no-one else spotting the new rims? These are a country mile improvement over the 5 spokes in the earlier photo ... car now has a perfect stance ... enjoy and be safe ...

I have heard that removing the cats enhances the sound quite a bit. Here's some updated pics since I've lowered the car with Novitec springs.
View attachment 155726

Back