• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pricing on paint & install WW kit

What's reasonable price to have my WW body kit paint and installed? I live in albany, ny and this local body shop quoted me 2k to have it painted and installed. Is it reasonable price or am i being rip off?

2k??? Are you having them painted with 24k gold?
Mine cost 850 to paint and mount.
Mounting is the hard part, and takes a lot of time to get them right.

Anyone lives near could recommended me to a good body shop that does it cheaper in my area?

prova4re said:
2k??? Are you having them painted with 24k gold?
Mine cost 850 to paint and mount.
Mounting is the hard part, and takes a lot of time to get them right.

I had a local bodyshop paint my WingWest kit..... they painted 2 ferraris, and 1 lamborghini this past year, so i figured i'd give em a shot....

They charged me 500 dollars, and kept my car for a few hours, so they could check the color match.

I put the kit on myself, so i saved a few bux.

The only catch with the whole deal is that i leave a stack of their business cards, and brochures on my windshield at the car show that i was going to the week after i got it painted.

I wouldnt pay much more than $750 (what they quoted as the normal retail price)..... plus 1 to 2 hours of labor max to put the kit on. although it takes nowhere near that.

-Ray

I went directly to Wings West dealer to order my kit. They paint and install with lifetime warranty for $1100. By the way, I brought my car back 3 time already due to the rear spat fell off at no charge. :cool:

Back