• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pride V2 with test pipes - Impressions or Opinions

Hello,
Was curious if anyone had experience running the Pride V2 with test pipes. I have heard alot of good things about this exhaust. This is for a weekend car so I actually want it loud. Will this exhaust be loud running the test pipes. Would it be at all similar to the Taitec GT009. I have searched and found a couple vids on youtube, but I would like to hear directly from those that have this set up. Anyvideos or links are appreciated, thanks.

There is a thread here where the vender is selling the exhaust with loads of pics and videos. Thats the exhaust I plan on getting when the time comes.

Hello,
Was curious if anyone had experience running the Pride V2 with test pipes. I have heard alot of good things about this exhaust. This is for a weekend car so I actually want it loud. Will this exhaust be loud running the test pipes. Would it be at all similar to the Taitec GT009. I have searched and found a couple vids on youtube, but I would like to hear directly from those that have this set up. Anyvideos or links are appreciated, thanks.

I have the Pride V1 with Comptech test pipes and I love it. It's loud, I mean LOUD :eek:!

Yes, it's loud. If next to it annoying loud lol. But in the car awesome loud. Inside f1 car, next to it like the movie dumb and dumber making the most annoying sound in the world haha.

I have this setup with everything else stock: Pride V2 with Pride Resonated Test Pipes.

This was the first big change that I made to my NSX, and it was definitely for the better.

It can definitely be loud -a bit of a head turner at times- especially when you push your right foot down; but I always take care to feather the throttle when in residential areas.

Cruising at lower RPMs it sounds like an F-car. Going through tunnels is a phenomenal sound- absolutely amazing- and gives me goosebumps. Other NSX'ers on a recent highway run were very complimentary of the sound, including someone who had the V2 with stock cats.

Videos are OK, but too variable. Like all setups, it is best to see/hear one in person and figure out if it fits your preferences. Also, if you do decide to buy- Mark at Pride is awesome to deal with.

Just installed mine tonight with Angus resonated test pipes...it sounds really good and is much louder then stock. Go for it!

I test drove a local members car with Pride V2, straight test pipes & it is sounds loud but not too loud. Does drone around 2k to 2,800 rpm zone but not too bad.
I myself have the Pride V1 with STP & sounds a little more throaty than the V2.
Either way good choices.

I have a v2 with test pipes, amazing sound and very civilised in the cabin with the windows up, there is no bass in the exhaust note so it doesn't drone and reverb the cabin, the noise is a high pitched wail and suits the character of the car perfectly.

The exhaust got louder after a few months and I took it on a road trip with friends, the best way to compare the noise from the outside or an overtake is: think of an older v8 Ferrari with sport pipes, raucous and wailing and beautiful.

Pride exhaust was the best mod I've done on the car hands down, easily the best exhaust I've purchased for any of my cars. Makes stock sound ... Just lame.

I have a couple of vids on YouTube of mine when it was new, ingot a great vid recently that I will upload soon.

Last edited:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TAfSIfZy1HU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
the previous owner of my car had a v2 with pride test pipes installed. It sounded amazing, but was too loud for my tastes, and it was really raspy. I put the stock cats back on and the sound is much more manageable, especially for city driving. With the test pipes, you could hear the car burbling and running at idle from inside the car. With the cats on, you can't. It's much easier to live with, but is less exciting.

Pride v2 with stock cats will definitely still turn heads. I imagine pride v2 with test pipes would scare people when driving around a city.

Last edited:
Pride v2 with stock cats will definitely still turn heads. I imagine pride v2 with test pipes would scare people when driving around a city.

Scare people ??..........NOT really....

I get more compliments, heads turning, & thumbs up than ever before (not that i need em).:smile:

The STP makes my V1 exhaust more throaty, alive, add more flow & very aggressive. I could never go back to stock cats except for when it's time for an inspection.

i have pride v2, pride non res test pipe and pride headers, i love the sound not as deep and droney as my dc header with test pipe and rm exhaust but alot higher pitched. its also very easy to play with the throttle to make it very quiet when u need to be.

Pride + angus resonated test pipes relieves drone, creates a very nice tone and no rasp. It is loud but not in the Cab, not as loud with non resonated TP's. Probably the best I have heard for those who want quiet in cab and noise outside when the pedal is stepped.

Affirmative on V2+TP being LOUD.

We will post up a video later this month comparing cats versus non-cats with Pride 2.

(hmm... now where did i put that decibel/spl meter?)

Here is a video of mine. amazing sound and i'm running the angus test pipes. i also have an acceleration video...the sound is perfect in my opinion. enjoy :)

I thought mine sounded good without test pipes. It was still pretty loud. I think with tp would be too loud for me. Test pipes are pretty cheap and easy to sell if you done like them.

Back