• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Prime Care" to support our owner / members...

Okay, so i will be the first to "Raise my hand" and say "I'm Deployed to the Middle East".

My addy is:

PO1 James Ryan
CTG 57.1 Navy
APO, AE 09309

James
james,

the first mail has gone out to our supporters and i'm sure you'll be contacted soon over your wish list :)

best,
hal

here's a sampling of the responses to the primecare email i sent out last week:

* "I'm still in. Being one of the people with more money than time I'd like to say thank you to those of you that are doing all the leg work. Just let me know where and when to send money.

P.S.
If James wants homemade cookies I do have enough time to whip up a batch."
* " Hal, as mentioned both my wife and I would be proud and honored to help out. Just let me know what you need me to do or round up.

We live everyday enjoying the freedoms and liberty paid for by the sacrifice of our troops and their families. We really appreciate them and this is just a small way of showing it."
* "Hal, what ever you want . you have my support"
* "Hal, include me in the list and just LMK what you need. Thanks"

dtrigg is coordinating James request / wishes and financial end of things; joanne and i will handle the shopping / packing / shipping of group-materials and individuals are (certainly!) welcome to support James / others as they appear in whatever way they choose.

thx to all participants.

UPDATE: Re: "Prime Care" to support our owner / members...

quick update:

i sent an update email to primecare members this morning. we've got james' updated request list, will shop over the next few days and hopefully ship late next week.

thx to all who are participating.
hal

james / team:

a quick note to say the first two (of four) boxes were mailed out today. in these boxes were the "necessities" (gloves, mirror, batteries, wipes, etc) as well as the "goodies" (jerky - 2 types), red licorice, enough peanuts / trail mix, country time lemonade, etc to cover you for at least a day or two. i will mail the remaining two boxes in ~two weeks and resupply the goodies. (gotta stretch out the "goodie trail" :)

james, i believe everything you requested are included in these four boxes but if i've left something out, you know how to reach me.

thx to those who volunteered to support james. i'll scan the receipts and make those available for review / contributions.

best,
hal

Seriously, this is the best idea I've seen on prime in a long time! Before I even had a chance to respond to this the packages showed up! Awesome stuff!! You guys have no idea how much it means to me that people who don't even know me are willing to support me in any way they can! It makes me proud to serve knowing that there are people out there who still care. Count me in as a major contributor to other "deployees" once I get home!
I'm definitely indebted to you guys and hope to meet you guys someday so I can shake your hand and say thank you the proper way, in person. :biggrin:

James

james / team:

a quick note to say the first two (of four) boxes were mailed out today. in these boxes were the "necessities" (gloves, mirror, batteries, wipes, etc) as well as the "goodies" (jerky - 2 types), red licorice, enough peanuts / trail mix, country time lemonade, etc to cover you for at least a day or two. i will mail the remaining two boxes in ~two weeks and resupply the goodies. (gotta stretch out the "goodie trail" :)

james, i believe everything you requested are included in these four boxes but if i've left something out, you know how to reach me.

thx to those who volunteered to support james. i'll scan the receipts and make those available for review / contributions.

best,
hal

Actually, I think we're indebted to you and we would love to shake your hand.

Thanks.

I remember the meet. It was the sixspeedonline (Porsche) meet.
It's been a long time sarge, I hear you moved?
I'm def not a SEAL, I wish though. I'm a medical geek...

We met in seattle at a car meet-up . Jim just bought your car right? You a Navy Seal?

Whoa whoa whoa...did I miss on sending something? I'll have to check my email.

If so and it sounds like I did, I'll get something together this week and get it sent out. :(

Whoa whoa whoa...did I miss on sending something? I'll have to check my email.

If so and it sounds like I did, I'll get something together this week and get it sent out. :(
fyi, i just emailed out an update to primecare folks a moment ago... perhaps my mails have been caught in your spam filter.

hal

Have I mentioned lately that you guys are awesome?!

Cause you are!

James :biggrin:

Thanks for all your work on this Queen.

Hal,

Thanks again for all your hard work. Please let us know who the next desrving candidate is.

For those of you who offered to help support this, please make sure to get the donations to Hal (if you haven't already) as he has put out his own cash to buy and ship these packages. I don't want him to stop doing this for us!

hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been on in a while! I got the third package about two and a half weeks ago!! As before, good stuff!! Those cookies are amazing! And I love that spicy beef jerky!

Alright, well I just wanted to say thanks and to let you guys know that I might be coming home near the end of June? Still prospective, but I'm hoping! :biggrin:

James

hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been on in a while! I got the third package about two and a half weeks ago!! As before, good stuff!! Those cookies are amazing! And I love that spicy beef jerky!

Alright, well I just wanted to say thanks and to let you guys know that I might be coming home near the end of June? Still prospective, but I'm hoping! :biggrin:

James
james,

good to hear from you, good to hear you received the 3rd package (i'll take that as a signal to send your 4th and final package) and very good to hear you might rotate back in late june - we'll keep our fingers crossed!

be safe.

hal

james,

i sent your 4th and final package yesterday, please confirm when received.

best,
hal

Why have I not seen this post? My wife and I have always wanted to help. We constantly talk about the nsx club doing a car wash and having the club owners park their nsx's in a half moon shape and after the person had their car washed would park it in the middle of the nsx's for a picture and send it to them via email. I bet this would get more customers than bathing suit washing. Then use the funds to purchase and ship what ever our troops needed.

Why have I not seen this post? My wife and I have always wanted to help. We constantly talk about the nsx club doing a car wash and having the club owners park their nsx's in a half moon shape and after the person had their car washed would park it in the middle of the nsx's for a picture and send it to them via email. I bet this would get more customers than bathing suit washing. Then use the funds to purchase and ship what ever our troops needed.
dunno why you haven't seen this (or different) thread on the topic.

having said that, i really like your idea... or having an nsx car wash day and donating the funds to an agreed-upon cause.

Hal,

Recieved the 4th package yesterday!! As always, much appreciated!! This has been a great experience for me and I would love to help out with the cause in the future!
So they have given me a tentative date of 22 June to possible be headed out of this hell hole! Maybe I'll be able to enjoy some of the Washington summer after all?!
Keep your fingers crossed for me!

James

Hal,

Recieved the 4th package yesterday!! As always, much appreciated!! This has been a great experience for me and I would love to help out with the cause in the future!
So they have given me a tentative date of 22 June to possible be headed out of this hell hole! Maybe I'll be able to enjoy some of the Washington summer after all?!
Keep your fingers crossed for me!

James
greetings james,

on behalf of the primecare team, you're very welcome! we'd love to have you participate on a future project and will ping you if / when another owner raises their hand upon / while deployed.

what great news that you'll be coming home soon... although it was 35 years ago (where exactly have those years gone?), i remember the feelings surrounding my return oh so well.

fingers crossed and we look forward to hearing from you.

best,

hal and all the rest ofthe primecare team :)

james,

a quick heads-up to pass on the names of the folks who contributed to your care packages. each also volunteered to shop, ship, bake and do whatever else needed to be done to support you.

Doug Trigg
Jason Gehrmann
Norman Lai
Shawn Sejera
Joe Sowden

each - and i mean each - of them have hounded me to allow them to send me more money... did i have enough? do i need more? can they bake cookies, wash your car or pay my mortgage (ok, i made that last one up) - but you get my drift.

after i shopped and got all of your wish list goodies, they started in... and haven't let up for a moment until today when i indicated in an email that our initial care effort is closed.

good folks, all, james.
hal

Back