• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Problem with order from ERZ Cars

Oh man, this sucks.

Last August, I contacted ERZ cars and ordered and paid for four brake calipers from a 2002 NSX. When they hadn't arrived by October, I asked for the tracking number. In November, a package with the tracking number I was given arrived, but it only contained the front calipers.

ERZ Cars said they didn't have the tracking number for the rear calipers any more. In January, they said the rear calipers must have gotten lost in the mail and offered to send me another pair. Those were never sent and in March, ERZ Cars offered to reimburse me half of the money I paid because only two of the four calipers had arrived.

That hasn't happened either, I can't get a hold of Joe (whom I was dealing with) on the telephone, and my emails haven't been answered since March.

Since I don't live in the States, what do you suggest is the best way to put pressure on these guys?

Re: ripped off by ERZ Cars - what do you suggest?

That does suck.

I've been burned by two vendors here on Prime: Dali and R390 Motorsports. I've had to take them to court and have only rec'd partial repayment. The best advice I can give is to always use a CC. I'm hoping you have in this case. If so, it should just take a phone call to CC company to explain the situation.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Problem with most disputes now-a-days, timing. People seem to take too long to dispute something. I think you've been too patient, which is nice of you, but doesn't help your situation. I hope it gets settled.

Good luck,
- Z

I've been burned by two vendors here on Prime: Dali and R390 Motorsports. I've had to take them to court and have only rec'd partial repayment. The best advice I can give is to always use a CC. I'm hoping you have in this case. If so, it should just take a phone call to CC company to explain the situation.
Since the OP is presumably not a native speaker of English, our abbreviations may not always be easily understood, so it's worth pointing out that CC = credit card...

That does suck.

wow, it seems you have the worst of luck dealing with vendors. I only see two names when i distinctly you having an issue with a name not listed that you filed court papers against.

Re: Problem with order from ERZ Cars - what do you suggest?

Oh man, this sucks.

Last August, I contacted ERZ cars and ordered and paid for four brake calipers from a 2002 NSX. When they hadn't arrived by October, I asked for the tracking number. In November, a package with the tracking number I was given arrived, but it only contained the front calipers.

ERZ Cars said they didn't have the tracking number for the rear calipers any more. In January, they said the rear calipers must have gotten lost in the mail and offered to send me another pair. Those were never sent and in March, ERZ Cars offered to reimburse me half of the money I paid because only two of the four calipers had arrived.

That hasn't happened either, I can't get a hold of Joe (whom I was dealing with) on the telephone, and my emails haven't been answered since March.

Since I don't live in the States, what do you suggest is the best way to put pressure on these guys?

Sorry to hear, I'll have to bite my lip on this one. Maybe a few ideas...

You might try contact smoore. He stated that he was friends with Joe and Toni at one point. Being that you are international, perhaps one of the local NY/Brooklyn area NSX members can cruise to his hood and see what's up on your behalf.. or otherwise find a way to stir things up and arrive at a resolution.

Worst comes to worse, post-up everything you have and I'm I'd think someone on prime could drop a few bucks to file small claims on your behalf and show for you with it.

greenberet, Joe is hard to get a hold of, but he'll pick up eventually. Have you tried his brother Tony in Florida?

Thanks for the kind words.

Unfortunately, I paid via a bank transfer. If I remember correctly, ERZ Cars wouldn't accept a credit card.

How much would taking them to court cost? I paid $894.60 for all four calipers including shipping and since half of the set arrived, $447.30 is the amount in dispute. I have a sneaking suspicion the court costs may not be worth it.

Is there a better business bureau?

Needless to say, I can only advise you not to buy used parts from ERZ Cars. When the parts hadn't arrived, they said they have had several shipments go missing over time, including an NSX transmission. If you've lost several shipments in transit you'd think you would start keeping track of the shipping numbers, start sending them to the buyers, etc. so you could see where the shipment is and so you would know whom to blame if the parts don't arrive.

Oh well.

My experience with ERZ was far better, but I won't kid you that I was worried the whole time. I had a few emails that went without response-- albeit on matters of low importance.

My advice to you is to continue to send an email (even if there is no response) about every couple of weeks (not too frequent because they'll keep the money just to spite you). Also, make sure that they have a convenient means to return the money to you, even if it means sending them a self addressed stamped envelope with enough postage to get a refund check back to your country. Patience and persistance are really the only tools you have available to you.

Back