• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Problem with RP-Motorsports

On 4/17/2007 I ordered a set of HP Racing Evos with Stainless Lips. This was after being assured by Tom that he had these wheels in-stock and ready to ship. I then Emailed and asked for a suggestion on tires and was told to purchase the Hankook K104 package on his site. So, on 4/18/2007, I ordered them too. From that moment, I simply asked for an ETA or shipping number. I have Emailed and called Tom close to 20 times now and only got a response when I opened a dispute on Paypal against him. Once I did this, he sent me an Email asking me to remove the hold on the funds and the wheels would be shipped from HP. I did as requested, not knowing what I know now. It appears that once you remove the dispute from Paypal they no longer can do anything to the seller. It appears that Tom has had experience here. I contacted Paypal and they say they will look into it as a best effort. It has now been over a month and the wheels that were in-stock are not in my possesion nor am I getting any response from Tom at this point. The only thing I can think of to do at this point is to get my layer involved. Any suggestions here? I did look up Tom on the forum and I have seen the many posts about him being slow, but he has always claimed that this was due to the delay from his wheel manufacture. I did not see this to be a problem on items that he had in-stock and that is why I went there. I have asked for my money back instead of the wheels and get no response. At this point I am lost....

If you used your credit card through paypal, you can definitely contact them and have the charges reversed. I'd go directly through the cc company asap if you used them. Btw, what kind of shady shit is that? I will definitely spread the word on this crooked company. Good luck to you.

Update:

RP-Motorsports has contacted me now and told me that the tires that I ordered were not in stock. They have offered another tire in replacement and say they will ship them out if I use this tire. They also offered to give me money back on the tires. I have elected to take the tires that they have in stock and will see if they arrive soon. I will keep the thread posted. Thanks to all that gave words of encouragement and suggestions. All via PM at this point.

Additional Update:

I have heard back again from Tom and it appears that he is giving the vendor the word to ship the wheels. There does seem to be something weird that happened with an Email response from him... He sent an Email to me that says that it was sent on Wed. 4/16/2007, however I just got it today at 9:30 AM. Thought it only fair to post that it appears that something delayed the email message. I was recieving Emails from other sources, so maybe it was stuck in his outbox until today for some weird reason. Anyway, it appears that Tom is getting it taken care of at this point. I will continue to update the thread.

I am having a similar experience. I ordered wheels from him, I paid on April 10th for wheels he assured me he had in stock or if he didn't they would be in within a few days. Turns out he doesn't, no one does, they are backordered. So I finally told him a week ago I would take the same wheels in the other color that they are availible in, and I know other vendors have them in stock so they are availible. Havn't heard from him since last wednesday. I was really thinking they would have been shipped by now. If I can't get them shipped soon I am going to another vendor.

Back