• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Product for Removing Polish from Wipers

Apparently I wasn't as careful as I should have been when polishing my NSX and I have gotten some "overspray" from the PC/polish on the wiper blade guards, the urethane front lip, and maybe a few other places. Is there a product that you guys use to take that off and make it nice and black again? Thanks.

I haven't used either of these products myself, but some threads on miata.net discussed both Mother's Back to Black and Forever Black, with Forever Black receiving the better reviews.

Thanks guys, I'll give these a shot. I used some anti-grease formulation of Windex for cleaning ovens and stoves with moderate success.

I wouldnt bother with the Griots wax remover. I had the same problem on my other car. It did not do that great of a job. For urethane just use Vinylex or some other plastic cleaner/protector. I don know what to tell you for the wiper.

Try High Temp Prep Wash, I learned about this product from other detailers that after they polish they use this stuff mixed 4:1 with water and just use it as a regular wash and it eats up the residue, even in the cracks to. Some of the more caked on stuff just use a microfibre cloth wetted with this stuff and just wiped it off.

I wouldnt bother with the Griots wax remover. I had the same problem on my other car. It did not do that great of a job. For urethane just use Vinylex or some other plastic cleaner/protector. I don know what to tell you for the wiper.

Wonder if their batches vary? I've had the same bottle of Griots wax remover for several years and it has always worked great.

I have used WD40 first and then cleaned it with alcohol again. The WD40 cuts right through the wax and the alcohol removes the final WD40 residue.

Good Luck,

Tytus

Back