• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Production started, according to Autoblog

According to this article, production started April 1. Assuming that it takes 1 to 2 weeks for the first cars to make its way out of the assembly line, the first cars should be shipped soon. Other interesting nuggets in the article: 160 pre-production cars were built, some will be used as demo cars for dealers, but most will be scrapped. Most engine parts are made in Europe. The DCT is made in Japan. Tours of the plant will be available for customers, including test-drives at the TRC.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/12/acura-nsx-honda-ohio-factory-autoline-video/

I had read the factory started on April 1 but I have not gotten any confirmation from my dealer (I am kind of doubting this factoid for the minute).

He is trying to get me a target build date.

Acura stated serial production would commence on April 29. I am all for them getting to work but who knows at this point.

Last edited:
Got the following from a pretty reliable source
A couple dealers will be receiving their first build soon. I'm estimating that they will receive them by first week in June. This would be the soonest that any dealer receives one. Estimating end of May to early June for arrival.

Got the following from a pretty reliable source
A couple dealers will be receiving their first build soon. I'm estimating that they will receive them by first week in June. This would be the soonest that any dealer receives one. Estimating end of May to early June for arrival.

How is this possible since the NSX will be built like in the 29th the first dealer probably will get in first week of May. Also Acura said the delivery will commence immediately and not a group kinda distribution but towards individual or a smaller group delivery.

How is this possible since the NSX will be built like in the 29th the first dealer probably will get in first week of May. Also Acura said the delivery will commence immediately and not a group kinda distribution but towards individual or a smaller group delivery.

Not sure I understand the point or question. Where did 1'st week come from? Or maybe that was that in a different post... since not in mine.
All I was told and passing on here was that "regular" (JQP) deliveries might start to show up around END of May or Early June. And that is for a N/E area (something I should have clarified in hindsight). I would assume the Initial Special Builds such as Rick H's #001 (and #002 ?), Jays, Jerry's and who knows who and how many others (celeb's etc.) are earmarked to precede John Q Public initial orders.

Not sure I understand the point or question. Where did 1'st week come from? Or maybe that was that in a different post... since not in mine.
All I was told and passing on here was that "regular" (JQP) deliveries might start to show up around END of May or Early June. And that is for a N/E area (something I should have clarified in hindsight). I would assume the Initial Special Builds such as Rick H's #001 (and #002 ?), Jays, Jerry's and who knows who and how many others (celeb's etc.) are earmarked to precede John Q Public initial orders.

Im sorry, can you clarify what is "regular". Yeah i mean if it start on the 29, isnt supposed the first 10 cars will be on the first week right? Correct me if I am wrong

Im sorry, can you clarify what is "regular". Yeah i mean if it start on the 29, isnt supposed the first 10 cars will be on the first week right? Correct me if I am wrong

Steven
This seems like your 20 th post on NSX delivery dates.
Is there a reason why you keep asking the same question?
Do you have one on order?

To clarify, what I meant by Regular (JQP) was John Q Public (as in US) vs celebs and/or those lucky with connections for early/first builds. Those 1'st priority builds and deliveries, I assume, will precede us "regular " folks standard orders/allocations. And we don't know how many those priority builds are.
What we have been informed to date is they plan/hope to build ~ 8/day (assuming no initial hiccups so it could be less or a lot less). BUT, we also know it will take about 10 Building days from start to completion for each car. And they are building only 4 days/week. So they can pump out ~ 30 +/- cars (week) and first ones (however batched ) could start to head for delivery ~ 2 1/2 weeks after the start of building. If assuming end of April start, that means AT BEST the 1'st cars "may" start to head out from factory around Mid May. All I've put out is based on some (informed best guesses) info an area rep had provided. And of course, until things get started and any hiccups are setteld, nothing is certain enough to plan on. Especially if there are some sub supplier delay issues as mentioned in a previous post. I will say when i brought the supplier issues up, I was told that is pretty much a normal thing mfgs deal with regardless of the brand or car model.
As for those like myself getting a bit anxious... I'm trying stay cool and go with "the longer it takes, the better it will be". (within reason of course)

Steven
This seems like your 20 th post on NSX delivery dates.
Is there a reason why you keep asking the same question?
Do you have one on order?

No I don't unfortunately. I am just curious since I am waiting for a long time and there are no exact answers.

I think you mean 2016. :) It must feel like you are waiting another year if you are so lucky as to have access to purchase one, though!

It seems very quiet on the production, new order booking front, these days.
Wondering if the factory is experiencing unforeseen start-up/supply chain issues.
I guess if production is delayed the existing order file will get pushed back on delivery dates.
Could also be why Honda does not seem to be confirming new orders for those next in line

Honda doesn't do daily press releases

if the factory starts builds on the 29th they would likely burp out sone news

Worst case is we will hear something next week after the Dealership folks go get test drives and training in Ohio

If the factory were already up and running at full tilt with no major glitches, I think those of us waiting for factory acceptance / scheduling would have heard something. The fact that these orders are still in a holding pattern tells me that the factory is still in the process of ramping up.

Once things fall into a predictable production cadence, I assume they will lock and schedule production at least a couple of months in advance (and share the details with customers).

Last edited:
Worst case is some news will be made when the first car exits the factory

I would image Hendrick will be there to take the key fob and ceremonially drive the car that will never be driven again (feigning sadnesses)

I'll be at factory Monday afternoon, I'll let you guys know.

I'll be at factory Monday afternoon, I'll let you guys know.

great Mike...you have driven a bunch of different cars so I hope to read your initial impressions if they let you guys drive.

This would have to be the worst release of any car ever can't believe the lack of info and uncertainty i know the USA release a car in 2016 and call it 2017 but the way its going it wont hit the road in customer hands until 2017

This would have to be the worst release of any car ever can't believe the lack of info and uncertainty i know the USA release a car in 2016 and call it 2017 but the way its going it wont hit the road in customer hands until 2017

I think you underestimate the screw ups of others. Example: I ordered a Z06 in Sept and was told Nov/Dec delivery. Didn't even get a production date until December (let alone car) due to parts availability. Then GM let cars sit in sub-zero snow for weeks at the factory, cracking the Super Sport summer tires on dozens of them. Got car in Late March (three months late).

Current delays/uncertainty is still in the normal range for an "all new" car-- especially given that the NSX is *ALL* new (design, production, supply chain, etc.).

I do wish they would share more, but I also get that you can't determine "reasonable communication" for whole company based on desires of overzealous early adopters....

I like to bitch and moan, but the anticipation is a fun part of the experience we're paying for.

Anyone who has been involved in the design of a brand new car where every part is a new item sourced form many different suppliers would understand the complexities.
Adding to that a new factory with new equipment and employees increases the chance for delays.
You don't just design a totally new car with new technologies, build a new factory, then flip a switch and new cars start coming out at the proforma production rate with 100% on the quality checks.

Honda has been uncharacteristically open about the NSX project including the delays due to a redesign part way through and has accepted much criticism for it.
To their credit they've maintained their standards and not released the NSX until they felt the car was right.

Consider the corporate courage it takes to enter F1 with a new power unit and be on worldwide display while they go through their growing pains.
Much easier for Ferrari/Porsche/Lamborghini/etc. to make improvements to an existing base car than start from scratch like Honda has.

Honda has been uncharacteristically open about the NSX project including the delays due to a redesign part way through and has accepted much criticism for it.
To their credit they've maintained their standards and not released the NSX until they felt the car was right.

Consider the corporate courage it takes to enter F1 with a new power unit and be on worldwide display while they go through their growing pains.
Much easier for Ferrari/Porsche/Lamborghini/etc. to make improvements to an existing base car than start from scratch like Honda has.

Better To Get It RIGHT... vs Right Away
(and then deal with missed fixes frustrations)

Though I must agree that we are well beyond right away.
Hopefully all the delay anguish and memories of it will have disappeared right after some actual seat time in our own car.
And replaced with a Grin and HHHHhhhmmmmmmmmm !:rolleyes:

Better To Get It RIGHT... vs Right Away
(and then deal with missed fixes frustrations)

Though I must agree that we are well beyond right away.
Hopefully all the delay anguish and memories of it will have disappeared right after some actual seat time in our own car.
And replaced with a Grin and HHHHhhhmmmmmmmmm !:rolleyes:

Absolutely hope so but it better be the most mind-blowingly amazing cars otherwise all the waiting (10++yrs) and anguish is for nothing.

Also its no-ones fault other than Honda for starting from scratch they never developed NSX 1.0 and wasted 10yrs with 3 possible replacements.

I just find all the avoidance of specifications initially, lack of roll-out production/delivery times, dealers kept in the dark and uncertainty with customer orders are not doing Honda any favours with the new NSX.

So has Acura start the production for the NSX yet?

Steven I've heard Acura employees are starting orientation drives and tours of the factory this week so we may get some first hand info soon.

Back