• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project: JDM Civic Type-R in LHD

Has anyone on this forum had any experience (at all) with the JDM version of the 4-door Civic Type-R? Either the Honda or the Mugen versions? Specifically, can someone point to a parts list for either car?

If, say, someone crazy wanted to import all the JDM goodies and go to the trouble of seam welding a US spec donor car to create a legal LHD Type-R...not ME, of course, someone crazy :)

Else, are the real ones being flipped yet in Japan?

My NSX-RR is almost complete, and I need another distraction (like I need a hole in the head).

Well, there's a few CTR copycat here in US. I think one of them even get the Carbon Fiber top on it.

The real question is that if anyone know the frame of JDM CTR being any different than USDM or even regular civic?? this is one thing that I've been asked at honda-tech and noone seems to know the answer... If not, buy a set of suspension, type R engine, front lip, then get a Canadian Acura CSX... you will be done.

But then, again, maybe this route is too simple and not expensive enough for you...:tongue:

Has anyone on this forum had any experience (at all) with the JDM version of the 4-door Civic Type-R? Either the Honda or the Mugen versions? Specifically, can someone point to a parts list for either car?

If, say, someone crazy wanted to import all the JDM goodies and go to the trouble of seam welding a US spec donor car to create a legal LHD Type-R...not ME, of course, someone crazy :)

Else, are the real ones being flipped yet in Japan?

My NSX-RR is almost complete, and I need another distraction (like I need a hole in the head).

oh i have heard something about it.

first, you need to purchase hood,fenders, front bumper, grill, headlights for front end.
2nd, sideskirts
3rd, ( keep in mind ), after you swap JDM tail lights, you cannot go back OEM taillights because the body shop needs to cut somewhere a little bit in order to let JDM tail lights fit into it. also, you need new trunk, rear bumper, spoiler and diffuser. exhaust will be adjusted a little bit. oh yeah JDM emblem. Mugen RR bumper (dual exhaust) probably not available yet.

i believe total cost will exceed 7000 if you need a very nice work.
parts are somewhere 4500-5000. labor depends. somehow, it's totally rebuilt exterior.

but this is what i worry about. someone who converted that car told me that the front bumper is made by Polyurethane. i dont know it will hold paint very long. my previous prelude had an aftermarket polyurethane front bumper. the painting condition is really horrible after 6 months.

if you just talk about exterior, it will be okay if you have about 8000 to burn. when my friend heard about the cost for type r conversion, he suddenly decided to forget it.
if you want type R performance, it will be another story.

yeah, there's few importer getting JDM CTR, but then they are RHD. Don't really know if there's any less difficult than importing from Japan, if you get it from UK...

King Motorsports could certainly help you out.

Back