• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project KICS NSX Magnetic Drain plugs

Engine oil is not only used as a lubricant in engines, however oil also cools and provides a cleaning medium for internal engine components. With the higher RPM's and tigher tolerances within modern import engines, temperature and friction also increases. During these increased friction conditions microscopic metal particles shed from the fast moving internal engine components, and are eventually transferred to the oil filter. If enough of these microscopic metal particles make its way into bearing surfaces, the expected life of these bearings will be decreased. The Project KICS Magnetic Drain plugs feature an OEM spec tread pitch on a lightweight anodized drain bolt, with a powerful magnet embedded within. This magnet is flush with the end of the threaded surface, as to not interfere with any oil pan configurations. By replacing your OEM drain plug with this one, any metal particles that are either too small for the oil filter or has not yet made it back to the oil filter will be captured and held by the magnet. Every oil change a simple wipe and resinstallation of the plug is all thats is needed. This item is a must for freshly rebuilt, higher mileage or high performance engines, and an impact gun must NEVER be used to install this or ANY drain plug.
The bolt is a standard 17mm 6point hex, and it comes with a new OEM gasket!

i have 3 for the NSX on hand at the moment.

$16 each. $8 for S&H USPS Priority.

check or money order is ok.
paypal+3% with confirmed address only = $24.72 shipped
cash only local pick up.

pm me or Email me at [email protected]

11497102_6636_copy.jpg

Last edited:
whoah... these things went quick... let me know if you get more erick.. :eek:

I like the ones spoon makes, which also comes with one for the transmission. I think its probably more important for the transmission since its fluids gets changed less often than the engine.

thanks for the info, but i dont like Spoon. Mr spoon tried to do a mass murder on SoCal NSXers at a party a few months back.

I like the ones spoon makes, which also comes with one for the transmission. I think its probably more important for the transmission since its fluids gets changed less often than the engine.

save one for me Erick when you get some in.

i have 10 more for those that wanted these.

for all JDM cars including s2000, integra and lexus for sure.
not sure about ford?

BLUE M14 X P1.5 = HONDA/ACURA, MAZDA, MITSUBISHI, SUZUKI

RED M12 X P1.25 = TOYOTA/LEXUS, NISSAN, DAIHATSU

GOLD M20 X P1.5 = SUBARU

Last edited:
i have 10 more for those that wanted these.

for all JDM cars including s2000, integra and lexus for sure.
not sure about ford?

Cool! What is your paypal account that I can pay you?

Any chance these things can come loose and cause the oil to drain out?

Will these fit the ARC pans? Don't know if the ARC and OE Honda pans have different thread and bolt size.

Back