• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project KICS R40 Lug nut issues

Just wanted to see if anyone here is running these on their cars, I heard they rust easily and some even had them break. I like the idea of a floating design, but is it worth the $250+ price tag? not sure.

No way these will rust. Have had them for 2+ years, fantastic lugs, do not get the Chinese fakes. They are all over eBay. You won't have issues with the real ones

If you buy fake ones or get knock offs then you'll have issues. The real sets don't have problems.

A local had knock off eBay ones. They actually broke off.

- - - Updated - - -

i got these Muteki's to go with my new volks-

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Mut...Closed-Ended-Neo-Chrome-Lug-Nuts-35mm-12x1-50

similar look,half the price,recommended by the guy i got the wheels from.

Those look similar but the design is different and they suffer from the same flaw all other lugs do. They are one piece and will mar the lug seat over time on the wheel since the seat turns when you torque down.

The only two lug nuts I've found to have the correct design are Mcgard spline drives and project kics r40. They both have a free spinning bottom seat so you get exact torque readings and also have less chances of messing with wheel finishes.

thanks for the info,i didn't know about this type of lug design.always good to learn something new.

Mine are fine. They do not rust. Keep in mind these are lightweight and thin.

Note:
1. They do not like to be overtorqued. A shop overtorqued mine and I one broke and several had the threads widen.
2. They need to be fully threaded before torquing. This means guys who run spacers and have little thread exposed are especially in trouble.
3. After several install cycles and heat cycling from aggressive driving (mostly track) I need to replace mine for peace of mine.

Back