• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Proper Maintanence of Telescopic Antenna Mast?

My old Lexus ES250 had a telescopic antenna mast with chronic problems when retracting into the fender. The pieces would get sticky and the whole thing would freeze up and not fully retract. Eventually the internal cable broke, and I had to buy the whole assemble new, which did the same thing over again, even when I used a teflon lubricant (Triflow).

I want to completely avoid this problem with my 95 NSX-T. Does anyone know a recommended lubricant and proper lubrication site(s) for this part?

RSVP.

NSXY

Honda recommends regular cleaning with a mild detergent. They do not recommend lubricants because of eventual buid up.

Marc

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX 5spd
1999 Cosmos BMW M Coupe 5spd

NSXY,

I have always used a small amount of WD40. I spray it on a scott towel and wipe down the mast. WD40 is not quite a "lubricant" since WD stands for "water displacement". I do this about every three months and have never had a problem. My Honda Accord has 158K miles and it is not garaged, so it takes alot of abuse and gets quite dirty, still no problems using this method.

HTH,

LarryB

Back