• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospective owner in need of help with a price check.

The technology package includes the proximity sensors which in my opinion, are necessary for this car. For navigation you could use your phone, but nothing else can help you avoid scrapes and bumps like the sensors can. I'd get this package at a minimum.

This makes me appreciate mine even more...came with the tech package which I didn't know that the parking sensors were not standard.

IMO the tech/els package is a must. All the other stuff other than rear decklid is a bunch of unnecessary fluff unless your getting a huge discount on a loaded car.

Found a white one that I am working on finalizing the paperwork. It’s out of state so the process is a bit slow. Can’t wait! Thanks!, Darren.

Hey Darren, Did you get your car yet? The wait must be agonizing. BTW, I dropped by the Pleasanton and their 130r one is no longer there. It might be sold.

Hey Darren, Did you get your car yet? The wait must be agonizing. BTW, I dropped by the Pleasanton and their 130r one is no longer there. It might be sold.

Actually the white one fell through after I thought I had a deal. Dealer sent me the quote, went through the financing and was approved but they backed out the last minute. Stating they didn’t have the full 30k incentive to give after they told me it was available. I think the dealer was playing some games and maybe had another buyer lined up? Not sure.

I found a silver one that I am working on. Signed all the paperwork and sent the money today. They haven’t shipped it yet so patiently waiting. Should be here in 7 days they told me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

its possible that they didnt have the full 30k. the incentive is 20k + 10k depending on how many nsxs the store has sold and how many it has on the ground.

its a stupid formula that no one quite understands.

its possible that they didnt have the full 30k. the incentive is 20k + 10k depending on how many nsxs the store has sold and how many it has on the ground.

its a stupid formula that no one quite understands.

exactly
30k should just be the staring point on lightly optioned base cars
on the 200K msrp cars 50K OFF minimum
exposure/demo with 500 miles/warranty punched ( 200k msrp expect 60k off)

Last edited:
Actually the white one fell through after I thought I had a deal. Dealer sent me the quote, went through the financing and was approved but they backed out the last minute. Stating they didn’t have the full 30k incentive to give after they told me it was available. I think the dealer was playing some games and maybe had another buyer lined up? Not sure.

I found a silver one that I am working on. Signed all the paperwork and sent the money today. They haven’t shipped it yet so patiently waiting. Should be here in 7 days they told me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Congrats on the silver one!

powdbyrice said:

That's true. A dealer in MI wasn't able to give me the full $30k either, and said only $20k was available. BTW, since you're "in the know", is the Pleasanton one sold? I dropped by this afternoon to buy some goodies, and the car was not in the showroom. I walked around the entire lot and didn't see it.

Congrats on the silver one!

That's true. A dealer in MI wasn't able to give me the full $30k either, and said only $20k was available. BTW, since you're "in the know", is the Pleasanton one sold? I dropped by this afternoon to buy some goodies, and the car was not in the showroom. I walked around the entire lot and didn't see it.

[/COLOR]

I think my only issue was that they told me they could do the full 30k. I agreed to a purchase order that was sent via email with the full 30k included, I when through all of the financing only for the dealer to call me back 5 days later telling me they couldn’t do the deal. Seems like that is something they could have told me much earlier in the process and not wasted 1 week of my time. I don’t know if the Pleasonton is sold or not. They wouldn’t budge from MSRP but granted I didnt really try to hard.

I think my only issue was that they told me they could do the full 30k. I agreed to a purchase order that was sent via email with the full 30k included, I when through all of the financing only for the dealer to call me back 5 days later telling me they couldn’t do the deal. Seems like that is something they could have told me much earlier in the process and not wasted 1 week of my time. I don’t know if the Pleasonton is sold or not. They wouldn’t budge from MSRP but granted I didnt really try to hard.
If that was the case, then good for you for not going thru with it. I think they may have had another buyer pop-up with a higher offer. How can you send a buyer a purchase order with the full 30k incentive, only to rescind it 5 days later stating they only had 20k? BS. In any case, glad everything worked out in the end. Sometimes, going through a few negotiations is good. You'll learn something new about each of them.

Regarding Pleasanton, I had the same experience...I was told that they were only offering it for MSRP, but I didn't bother negotiating further.

"I think the dealer was playing some games and maybe had another buyer lined up? Not sure. "

Ugh. I think it happened to me too at a nor cal dealership this week.

Picked up a Valencia Red at another dealership

Last edited:
Back