• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PS 2 For The Road?

We're leaving soon for a road trip with the kids. I have a VCR hooked up to a flip down TV in the car. I went to Circut City and bought the RCA A/V plugs I need but when I asked if the PS1 DC Adaptor would work on the PS 2 I was told it wouldn't work. The person said I need a 300 watt inverter...is this true?

Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Craig:
We're leaving soon for a road trip with the kids. I have a VCR hooked up to a flip down TV in the car. I went to Circut City and bought the RCA A/V plugs I need but when I asked if the PS1 DC Adaptor would work on the PS 2 I was told it wouldn't work. The person said I need a 300 watt inverter...is this true?

Any help would be appreciated.

i dont know if what the salesman told you was true but i did get a jensen 300w inverter off ebay for 15.50 originally selling for 80 at bestbuy.com.

The PS2 is nowhere near 300watts.. I've used a 75 watt invertor on my PS2 playing for hrs and hrs.. a laptop is around 20 watts.. the PS2 probably wont be anywhere more than 50 if that.. good luck
smile.gif

Thanks guys... Sketch, your right, that would be the obvious answer and that was my plan for this evening. But now that you've done my work for me I can spend this evening school'n my 9 year old boy in GT3
biggrin.gif

Really though, Thanks for the info I'll go get the 140watt inverter for $40.00 and the kids will be content for the trip!

I assume you don't have a flip down in the NSX? I know, stupid question.
I have the PS2 in the glove box running to the nav pod on dash. Works/looks great !

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

The PS2 does take a lot of juice though. My PS1 would run with my inverter with my car turned off. The PS2 kills it. I have to start the car for the PS2 to run off the inverter.

So does that PS1 adapter work on the PS2? I want to know too.

Back