• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pulled the trigger.. soon to be owner

After months of research and weighing the pros and cons, I put down the deposit last week on a 1992 berlina on black 5spd. vin code JH4NA1157NT000486. I had other similarly priced cars in my sights, but got a good deal on this one (hopefully). Shes coming from Florida, apparently the previous owner traded her in on an F-car. Mileage is @ 98k but the timing belt and water pump were recently done. SO, I think the first mods are wheels, HIDs and then suspension. maybe BBK and exhaust if Im feeling froggy... cant wait to see her in person.

you mean this one?
http://us-auto-consulting.ebizautos.com/detail-1992-acura-nsx-sport-used-7891104.html

before rims, Timing belt/water pump it needs new center console, Analog phone removed. new rotors, in the pics they look like they need some work. missing the front lower lip spoiler, then rims LOL

they said it was done at 76K mile How many years ago? I would plan on doing that first.

76K 9 years ago? consider it a must do.

and its a 5-speed they list it as being a 6-speed.

goodluck

oh and congrats on the new car. my first NSX was a blk/blk 92

Last edited:
Congrats and post pics once you get her. You picked the best color.

you mean this one?
http://us-auto-consulting.ebizautos.com/detail-1992-acura-nsx-sport-used-7891104.html

before rims, Timing belt/water pump it needs new center console, Analog phone removed. new rotors, in the pics they look like they need some work. missing the front lower lip spoiler, then rims LOL

they said it was done at 76K mile How many years ago? I would plan on doing that first.

They said the previous owner had it done back @ 76k and then it had them replaced recently. (following the 6 yr rule). If I dont find the reciept for the work done with the others when the car gets here, that will be her first stop.

Also, planned on going double-din bezel because I keep hearing how the stereo dies on these ol' gals. the analog phone I wanted to either install a mic with the new stereo for phone calling, or, swap it out for a custom start engine button + bezel.

Does anyone know where I can source a factory lip? Im undecided on suspension yet till I get the wheels replaced (the ones on it are hideous). I also hear we go through those front chin spoilers / lips pretty frequently.

Does anyone know where I can source a factory lip?
I also hear we go through those front chin spoilers / lips pretty frequently.

Congrats, did you have a PPI performed and by whom?

Any Acura dealer can get you a new factory lip... usually about $125

If you have a stepped or steep driveway, expect to scrape the factory lip if you lower the car. It looks like it's at the stock "4 x 4" height which is a fair amount of clearance. Either way, speed bumps are your enemy.

KW V3s are a fine suspension option depending on how you plan to drive the car and what kind of cash you want to put into it

CarFax shows it was serviced over the years at Gatorland Toyota in Gainesville, FL. They should have records of service performed and perhaps put you in touch with the prior owner. I think it's rather odd that a Toyota dealer was servicing an NSX, perhaps the car belonged to the owner of the dealership ???

Curtsr Im just sayin.:biggrin:
I was so happy when i got my first one just poking at him LOL

as for the front lip I have gone thru 3 since i lowered the car.
you can still buy them at the dealership I think my last one was 130+ I dont remember and if you buy one make sure you get teh clip bolts they do-not come with the lip. they dont tell you that. LOL

Last edited:
Wow man, I know you're excited, I just made a purchase on a BB 95(also without oem lip) This story reminded me of my transaction, the whole research/deposit/pickup. Congrats on your purchase, enjoy!:smile:

Car finally Came... so far, wheels, exhaust, HIDs purchased. Clutch is likely imminent :(

15hq2v.jpg

you mean this one?

and its a 5-speed they list it as being a 6-speed.

goodluck

oh and congrats on the new car. my first NSX was a blk/blk 92

the 6-year rule for TB and WP is a little overkill. When engineers design these things, they're designed for the amount of time used, in this case, mileage. The amount of time thats passed is just a conservative estimate that is well below any 3-sigma variation in reliability.

I know people on here are pretty passionate about the TB and WP intervals but I've been here for a while and have yet to see more than 1 incidence of a failed timing belt. I know this is a tired and overly-argued point, but every time I see someone post up about the "...or 6 years" interval it makes me shake my head.

congrats it looks good in the pic's. :smile:

Are those the new wheels? They look good to me. What does the exhaust look like and what brand?

Congrats on the purchase and welcome aboard! Great looking NSX - love the wheels. I see a 57 Chevy in the background of the 2nd pic -- someones DD?? Enjoy! Jay

welcome to the berlina club....also known as the "clan of the swirls and water spots":redface:

Congrats, did you have a PPI performed and by whom?

Any Acura dealer can get you a new factory lip... usually about $125

If you have a stepped or steep driveway, expect to scrape the factory lip if you lower the car. It looks like it's at the stock "4 x 4" height which is a fair amount of clearance. Either way, speed bumps are your enemy.

KW V3s are a fine suspension option depending on how you plan to drive the car and what kind of cash you want to put into it

CarFax shows it was serviced over the years at Gatorland Toyota in Gainesville, FL. They should have records of service performed and perhaps put you in touch with the prior owner. I think it's rather odd that a Toyota dealer was servicing an NSX, perhaps the car belonged to the owner of the dealership ???

It's kind of a strange situation but Gatorland Toyota owns the Acura dealer that is located next door. They probably sent the car there to be serviced and just invoiced the owner through the Toyota dealership. I have my NSX serviced at the Acura dealer and they informed me that they service a number of other local NSXs. I've been real pleased with their work.

Back