• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Quater mile time questions...

I know this is a very general question, but what times should I hit with the following mods? RM Intake, HKS Exhaust, Headers, chip, and 17/18 inch rims. My car is a 91. I am trying to compare it to my ex 95 m3.

Thank You

Haven't done empirical testing, but consider the following:

RWHP (typical)

Early NSX (hdr+ex) Stock 95 M3
245-260 200-210

Early NSX is on the order of 150 lbs. lighter too. No contest. (Old car mag reviews suggest that an early NSX is about 1/2 sec faster in a 1/4 mile in a stock-to-stock comparison.)

--twc

99 NSX-Z s/c
95 M3 s/c
95 M3 stock

Originally posted by nsx4jlp:
I know this is a very general question, but what times should I hit with the following mods? RM Intake, HKS Exhaust, Headers, chip, and 17/18 inch rims. My car is a 91. I am trying to compare it to my ex 95 m3.

Thank You

My guess 14.0@103mph

So with my mods I should be in the high 13's? Also, I hate that 1-2 shift it ridiculously slows your acceleration.

With a 2.1 second 60 foot time or better, you should be in the mid 13's (13.5-13.6) at 104mph. This will require a good burn out before you run to heat up the tires.

The best stock M3's I've seen run in the mid 14's (14.4-14.5).

99 NSX-Z s/c
95 M3 s/c
95 M3 stock[/B][/QUOTE]

Why (2) 95 M3's. I think you should get a 01 M3. How much over sticker are they asking for in your area?

I only drive the S/C cars. Wife drives the stock M3 - she's always racing Boxters and stuff, hate to imagine what she'd do with a really fast car...

As for the new M3, I tried to order one from two local Silicon Valley dealers and they declined because I was way too late for their waiting lists. I offered to pay up to $10K over list and they still declined. (After the NASDAQ crash, maybe I should check back!) My 95 Dinan S/C M3 should be about as fast as the new one, so I'm more inclined to wait for an M3 lightweight or for the 2002 with the F1 shifter...

--twc

[I offered to pay up to $10K over list and they still declined. (After the NASDAQ crash, maybe I should check back!) My 95 Dinan S/C M3 should be about as fast as the new one, so I'm more inclined to wait for an M3 lightweight or for the 2002 with the F1 shifter...

I will e-mail you privately. I think I can get a M3 if you are interested.

Back