• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Queen+ Lives (Brian and Roger and Adam, OH MY :)

Having seen Queen 1.0 back in the long, long ago in the Beacon and MSG, it's tough to think about anyone other than Freddy singing lead but I have to admit that if anyone is going to try to mimic the original sound I can't think of anyone other than Glambert right now. Depending upon where they play I might just have to catch this tour.

o_queen-concert-poster-beacon-theater-new-york-city-1976-5eca.jpg

1982-07-27.jpg

il_570xN_323485972.jpg

mB9R2yknx5tSbQ0kzwNWu6Q.jpg

Having seen Queen 1.0 back in the long, long ago in the Beacon and MSG, it's tough to think about anyone other than Freddy singing lead but I have to admit that if anyone is going to try to mimic the original sound I can't think of anyone other than Glambert right now. Depending upon where they play I might just have to catch this tour.

i hear ya, bob. i never saw queen live (sigh) but i did seen Queen+ paul rodgers and (no surprised) loved the music / brian, roger's singing and thought paul rodgers was a good fill-in, but no freddie so i focused on the guys and their work. it's likely i'll take the same approach this time 'round -- there was only one freddie mercury so everyone else is just fill-in.

hal

I saw Queen a few times back in the day and I remember being quite impressed each time :smile: Freddie was completely unique and can never be replaced but I think AL can do the material justice and possibly introduce it to some new and younger fans. I am sad that John Deacon has completely dropped out of site and won't be joining them on the tour. I just hope that Queen doesn't go the way of the current version of the Eagles and bring along lots of extra musicians - Freddie, Brian, Roger and John never needed them. Last time I saw the Eagles, they must have had 10 extra musicians (3 keyboardists!) and backup singers. Come on already!

Freddie was so unique that it is difficult to consider Queen plus Paul Rodgers to be "Queen". I love Bad Company and am a big Paul Rodgers fan but realistically Bad Co could tour with a different lead singer and it would not be nearly as drastic as Queen without Freddie. He was front and center and clearly the star of a group with very talented musicians but as good as Rodgers is he is not a "star" in that regard. It was a good combo but not a Queen concert. Adam has more potential to capture that certain flamboyancy Freddie had.

I saw The Who on their first tour after Keith Moon died and it worked because Daltrey was enough of a front man to cover for the missing Moon mania. Yes without Wakeman wouldn't be the same and Van Hagar worked in spite of missing Roth's strong persona. Each band is different and Queen's sound was and is so unique that if anyone can replicate Freddie's style and voice I think Adam has the best shot and worth my money to give it a listen.

Adam Lambert fronting Queen is as blasphemous as Blaze Bailey fronting Iron Maiden or Pee Wee Herman fronting Led Zeppelin. Queen died when Freddie died. Spend your money on a Queen DVD instead of putting up with Lambert's attempt to replace the irreplaceable. For the record the person who did the best job at impersonating Freddie was Gary Cherone and it still sucked.

Hugh,

Some of us felt the same way when Bruce joined the band! Then Steve hit the re-set button and we all forgot about Paul (to some extent). While I tend to agree with you ref: the band stopped being Queen when Freddie died, I have heard some of Glamberts stuff with queen a few years ago and it wasn’t half bad. But it also goes to say something when John Deacon won’t put his name on it either. I also saw Queen back in the day (Reunion Arena Dallas, TX) and it still ranks in the top5 concerts that I have seen. I am getting a little tired of all these re-sets. I guess as long as they just do the live thing, I can some what bear it.

UP THE IRONS!

Last edited:
have any of you concert band redux fans heard and seen the new journey.....my God it sounds like Perry is sounding great then you see a long haired Asian dude ...my brain seized.

Back