• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question about fitment

I know this sounds strange... I have a set of rims from my old car that I absolutely love.. I may want to put them on an (lowered) NSX.. The bolt pattern is 5x120 (BMW), so I'm wondering, with wheel adapters (20-25mm thick I believe), will these fit?

19x8.5 F / +30-32 offset
19x10 R / ?? offset

The fitment was for an E46 M3.. I'm more worried about the fronts than the backs.. to be honest, just thinking about the numbers I'm doubtful, but I'd like someone else's opinion..

I know this sounds strange... I have a set of rims from my old car that I absolutely love.. I may want to put them on an (lowered) NSX.. The bolt pattern is 5x120 (BMW), so I'm wondering, with wheel adapters (20-25mm thick I believe), will these fit?

19x8.5 F / +30-32 offset
19x10 R / ?? offset

The fitment was for an E46 M3.. I'm more worried about the fronts than the backs.. to be honest, just thinking about the numbers I'm doubtful, but I'd like someone else's opinion..

Nope. In order to do it properly, you would need spacers atleast 20mm thick. 10 mm on the front side to make it hubcentric, and rear side fo 10mm. That said, the E46 M3 had a lower offset in the rear (10-25mm) That would in effect make it an offset lower then 30, which in a 19x10 wouldn't work for the NSX.

Second the fronts are 19s which means no tire is available that is close to the overall diamater, so it still wouldn't work.

Name me what wheels you have, and I'm sure we'll find something that works for the NSX.

Charlie.

They're Maya DTMs..

Personally I don't find hte Maya DTMs attractive for an NSX. I might even reconsider putting them on my M3. But thats my opinion. For an NSX, focus on wheels that are light, show off the brakes well (especially during motion) and have a lip like the Mayas.

Sell the Wheels on DTMPower or Bimmerforums, and get new ones for the NSX.

Back