• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question, when passing another NSX on the road

Well I would wave but then I wave at all sports cars ( Miatas, S2000, Triumphs, MG's, Jags, and some Vettes ect., when driving my NSX. It' something I started doing back in the sixties when I had my first sports car, a MG. We all have been bitten by the same bug just different species. If I see a NSX, only seen one while driving mine in 5 years, I'll give them a toot of the horn too.

I would wave, however I have never been in a situation where the other NSX would see me anyway. The few times I saw one they were driving the other direction on a highway type road. The one time I did see one close up I was standing in the road in Lambertville photographing some architecture. My wife said, "be careful or you might get hit my that purple NSX!!" I turned around and sure enough he was coming right for me.....I took his picture instead of waving :):)

He flipped me the bird and screamed, "Damn I missed!!":D:D:D

May_Lambertville_0529_036_crop.jpg

I always smile, nod and flash the peace sign whenever I pass another sportscar, no matter what the make, even 'Vettes:) Just a way to let them know I appreciate a nice vehicle. I've always done this on motorcycle to other bikes as well. I ride a Honda. It's interesting - the Harley guys never wave back.

I usually wave at other NSXs and acknowledge anyone who acknowledges me.

There's this guy who drives a red Porsche and lives somewhere within my townhome complex. He always slows down to wave whenever I'm washing my NSX in my driveway. The other day he finally came over to talk to me...because he apparently has a friend interested in buying an NSX. I told him to send his friend to NSX Prime :D

I wave at every higher end sports car I come across. The only American built cars I ever wave at would be a Z06 or Viper. Most of the cars are imports. If a guy waves at me in a Camero, Stang, Neon SRT etc, first, I always return the gesture. I actually go out of my way (time permitting) to help other sports cars in distress too, (flat tire, smoking etc).

justsaw another red nsx driven by an azn guy on harvard st.. we passed each others and its like a bref silence/.

Back