• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Quick Getaway, St. Petersburg or Marco Island

Hi folks,

Looking for some advice on where to stay and enjoy some sun and beach and nice waters. Looking @ beaches near St. Petersburg and Marco Island as a couple options. Also any recommendations on hotels in those areas would be appreciated.

Will be traveling with a 18mon old and my wife/mom-in-law.

Let me know!

Thanks,
Jason

Look at Sanibel as well. Beautiful, and pretty laid back. I rented a condo there last year for a few days, had a very nice time. I'm sure the locals can give more details though

since the OP asked for the 2 locations I will answer

St-pete beach is prob the best stuff to do, eat, swim. fun stuff like put-put etc. lots of people but not to many.
place to stay The Don Ceasar the best... or Gateway Inn I think they changed the name though. but any of the hotels in that area are very nice and not that bad price wise.

Marco Island Old people and nasty bikini's fattys. swim is nice if you at the right spot...

goodluck

Look at Sanibel as well. Beautiful, and pretty laid back. I rented a condo there last year for a few days, had a very nice time. I'm sure the locals can give more details though

^^^^^

If you are looking to relax, find a bunch of nice places to eat dinner, lay back, enjoy doing a whole lotta nothin', Sanibel is awesome. Sanibel has Ding Darling park, the Lighthouse, lots of restaurants (Over Easy Café for breakfast, plenty of lunch and dinner places on Sanibel and its sister Captiva Island). If you are looking for lots to do, um, maybe look elsewhere.

Highly recommend you check out Beachview Cottages on Sanibel, right on the Gulf, really cute rooms. Tell Bob that Doug, Tammy, Tree and Cody (Tree's picture is likely still displayed on their bulletin board; he's the Border Collie in my avatar) sent ya. (If you haven't figured it out, Tree and Cody are dogs. Beachview is dog-friendly.)

http://beachviewsanibel.com/
Beachview Cottages
3325 W Gulf Dr, Sanibel Island, FL 33957

Back