• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Quick Question Re 5mm Spacers

I just picked up a set of 5 mm spacers for my front OEM 7 spoke wheels. Do I need longer lugs or can I just bolt them on?

Thanks

Jeff

They should work fine I have them on mine and do not have longer studs you should be able to get seven turns.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Just wondering what the 5mm spacer is for? OEM 7 spoke should clear everything. Also 5mm difference in offset really have no impact visually.

I would avoid spacer unless for brakes clearance issue. Stud issue and also center bore not connnecting to the wheel can cause unfavorable high speed vibration.

Just my thoughts..........

fkong777 said:
Just wondering what the 5mm spacer is for? OEM 7 spoke should clear everything. Also 5mm difference in offset really have no impact visually.

I would avoid spacer unless for brakes clearance issue. Stud issue and also center bore not connnecting to the wheel can cause unfavorable high speed vibration.

Just my thoughts..........

I was stupid and put on 225/45/16's on the front tires. I would have been fine had my car not been lowered but since it is it rubs. I am trying to correct the rubbing with a spacer. It may not work and I may have to determine another workaround.

Your are correct though, normally I would not do spacers.

I beg to differ with this. Spacers solved my rubbing problem with 225 SO3's. The rubbing comes from the sidewall on the inside of the inner fender at full lock, whether lowered or not. A 225 is only 0.4" greater in diameter than the stock 215.

Just for general knowledge, larger than 5mm might create problems with the deflectors from the AC Condensor fans.

Back