• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

quick question

what is the little telephone cable for anyway? I have one in my ash tray and one above my head. What is it for? I keep wondering when ever I put down the visor. btw its a 97 6spd targa, if that helps.

------------------
Auraraptor

1999 Honda Prelude "Mina" (Should be the new daily driver)
1998 BMW 750iL "Katrina" Still the daily driver)
1997 NSX "Nina"
1982 BMW 633CSi "Jessica"

My Valentine One uses cable that is similar to telephone cable. The particular cable that is like this, is the one that goes from the main unit, which is mounted with the V1 mount between the seats, to the readout, which I have mounted on top of my steering column.

Originally posted by ANYTIME:
BTW, Valentine 1 is detector of choice.
John

Now now, we all know the Passport 8500 is the top radar detector.
Simply look at the test by:
Motortrend
Automobile
Speedzones
Car & Driver
Motorcycle Consumer News
RadarTest.com

Originally posted by NSXXX:
Now now, we all know the Passport 8500 is the top radar detector.

I think you're highly misinformed.

Car and Driver has conducted the most thorough, independent, unbiased radar detector tests in the industry for the past twenty years or more. You say that Car and Driver rated the Passport over the Valentine 1. I believe you're mistaken. See for yourself; Car and Driver has the entire article available on its website right here. You can see from their article exactly why the Valentine 1 came in way ahead of everyone else.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 24 September 2002).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I think you're highly misinformed.

Your right, my mistake, Car & Driver does rate the V-1 1st, and the 8500 2nd.
However, the OTHER 5 sites do not.
I've seen some pretty Low ratings on the V-1 myself.
But I'm just expressing my opinion, not trying to dispute you, just giving credit where credits due!

Look here.

Back