• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

R compound tyre fitment.

Hey guys, just curious, i recently bought a pair of bridgestone re-55's for some wheels I have coming next month, their size is 215/40/17, but they are going on a 17x8.0 rim, Now im pretty sure an 8.0" wide rim usually works best with a 225 tyre, so i wanted to know if the 215 will stretch that little bit to fit the wheels i have coming.

I was planning on getting standard road tyre which I know will fit, but these tyres just came up at such a good price i couldn't refuse.

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before but I could not finding anything relating in a search.

Most tires have a range of about 1" rim play, and they also also note optimal/recommended fits often in the middle of the range. Check the R-55 but I suspect you should be fine.

Have you checked the hellaflush thread? You're worried about a 10mm stretch? :biggrin:

They will be fine. Most 215/40-17 tires, including R comps, are approved for rims 7.0-8.5 inches wide. So not only are they okay on 17x8, but they aren't even at the endpoint of the approved range.

Have you checked the hellaflush thread? You're worried about a 10mm stretch? :biggrin:

Haha, yeah I have seen some of the work on there, Insane stretch, I was just worried because feeling the sidewall on the re-55's was alot stiffer than standard rd tyres I have fitted in the past.

Thanks for all your feedback guys, I can relax knowing Ill be fine now, cant wait to my wheels get here next month, ce28 genesis =D

Back