• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

R.I.P Len3.8

I've know Len for about 7 years through PCA. He was one of the best. His love of cars was incredible. He always had time to talk cars or set up Sunday Morning runs. Once the dust settles we should get together a drive in his honor. I will always have found memories of our drives. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife and daughters.

God Speed My Friend, Rest in Peace

Dan Hinkebein
St Louis PCA
[email protected]

This definately inspires some introspection on what is important. I hope his family can find some peace and comfort as they deal with this tragedy. He will be deeply missed.

It is an amazing thing to see how we are all connected in one way or another. I didn't know Len but I have enjoyed his post. I am sad at the lost for his family and friends but at the same time I am sure he enriched their lives ten fold. With all my blessings, rest in peace.

Linh

I met Len at JGTC 03. Whether you knew him in person, by phone or web, a short time or long time, you know Len is a great soul and we are all richer for having him bless our life with his presence.

Wherever he is, its a much better place now by having him in it.

My sincere condolence to him and his family…:frown:

I am stricken by this post. Please pass on my best wishes to Len's family, he is so obviously highly regarded in our community. From the NSX family to Len's God bless.

Sean

Len's family is thankful and truly amazed at the responses recieved in during this ordeal.

Im trying to keep everyone informed about everything during this truly sad time. I try to be as strong as possible but Len and I were VERY close. I looked up to him in many ways, him being older than me and to not get a call from him today(we talked daily) makes this bad dream a true reality. From car/motorcycle drives to eating pizza and watching top gear episodes, we did it. He was truly a brother i could call a brother.

This is what i have so far. Len will be cremated and this is the only service. There will be a viewing/wake Sat, Nov 4th here http://www.yellowpages.com/sp/moreinfo/index.jsp?id=44826265&q=Cathy Williams and Son

Williams Cathy M & Sons Funeral Home
1725 Oakwood Ave
Alton, IL 62002
(618) 462-9155

Please send all flowers and cards to this address. I am talking to his wife and brother about donations, please give us a little time to get the details straight. Len has a lot of family and friends, and quite honestly its hard to even talk with family and friends without becoming a little grief stricken. I will post more when i have the opportunity and details. Thanks from the family ,the comradery is overwehlming.

Thank you for posting an address to send something to. I forgot to mention I did get to chat with him once or twice in the Sunday night chat. Very nice guy to talk to and to joke around with.

Last edited:
Like many of you, I never met Len personally but spoke to him and emailed him frequently. Amazing how we never met but considered each other friends and had always planned on hooking up. The world is definitely a better place since he was part of it. When you look down on the rest of us, remember that we will be thinking of you. Prayers to his family and children.

Tim

Hi

This is so sad. My thoughts goes to those he left behind.

We are a tight community and seeing the subject made my heart race. It is just unreal reading messages Len posted only a few days ago here on Prime.

I am a bike man myself and I am quite sure I did a life altering decison when I sold my streetbike and bought a trackbike in april. You never know what can happen out there as this thread shows. :(

Regards

I had to post this. On one of the numerous visits to the body shop concerning my widebody kit, as it was finally finishing up, i kept asking len what he thought. I bothered the shit out of him with questions like, "damn did i screw up?" , "how does it look?", "would you have done it?", "does it look bad?" After a final 30 minute walk around and chin scratch this is what he gave me:smile:

I took it as a thumbs up!!!

If someone could make the pic bigger that would be great!!!

Attachments

• nsx 6-24 002 (Custom).jpg
    nsx 6-24 002 (Custom).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 846
attachment.php

attachment.php

This is the day i met the STL nsx crew. They treated me like family even though i was driving 98 mustang gt conv. I felt like a kid in a candy shop, looking at those cars. I was thrilled when i got my car, him and Nick M were my first calls. i got a pic of my boy doing what he loved, rollin out.:cool:

Oct 6, 2002

Attachments

• nsx drive 10-6-02 053 (Custom).jpg
    nsx drive 10-6-02 053 (Custom).jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 859
I can't believe that I'm reading that he has passed.:frown:
For some reason I thought this thread was just a joke or something but obviously have found it to be true.
I too never had the chance to meet him in person but he sent me a PM once that really made me chuckle to myself. I will keep it and refer back to it often as a reminder of what he expected of me on here.
I can't imagine what his family is going thru right now dealing with this tremendous loss. I feel so sad just sitting here typing this.
I too would like to donate something if there is somewhere to do that.
:frown: :frown: :frown:
RIP Len

In the hopes his family sees this thread at one point I will share a few things I've gleaned from the conversations I've had with Len over the past 2 years:

-He always spoke lovingly and proudly of his wife and children
-He was always willing to lend hand and offer assistance wherever he was able
-He was an intelligent man with a nose for business
-He always impressed me with the multitude of projects, personal and business, that he continually took on
-He gave more than he ever took
-He was kind to everyone he met

Godspeed.

Although I never met him in person, I had some online and phone conversations with him ( particularly when I was buying some NSX parts that he was selling)
What a truly decent and pleasant person. My condolences to his family.
A true loss.

John B

Sorry to hear loss of another good guy.:frown:
My prayers and thoughts are with Len's family.

Wow! lost for words...........................

Like most of the comments written, I have never met Len personally just thru our PM's and other emails. I smile because we WILL meet in a better place one day bro. You be will be missed.
Charles

Back