• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Racing Harts...

Ok, I have a slight problem....some of you may know about my tire issue...well, turns out it was the rim, but it was a manufacturer defect. A weld on the interior of the 2pc rim is leaking and my tire shop has told me to send it back to Racing Hart to have it repaired by them. I can't find racing harts # or website (www.racinghart.com is Dazz Motorsports), so I'm kinda SOL there unless someone knows the site or a #.

The guy I bought them from doesn't seem to post much here but I sent him an email to find out where he bought them in hopes of that place repairing the rim. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Brian, do what everybody does when they have something defective, sell it on Ebay as NEW!!!! :D :D j/k
Seriously thou, can't a wheel shop repair it/seal the leak??
Good Luck
Z

I would believe that any rim repair shop should be able to repair the bad weld on or in the wheel. Not sure if Racing Hart would do anything for you seeing how you bought the wheel used? But I guess it doesn't hurt to ask!

Not sure if this will help but looks like the Japan website, you might be able to find a dealer or repair from there?

Racing Hart :

http://www.hartwheels.co.jp/

P.S What Tire sizes are you using, and what is the size of your wheels. I plan I getting 18x8 F and 19x9.5 R. I'm not sure what tire sizes to go with yet?

wat model is it? There is a difference from the racing hart and the racing hart EVo line-up.

If im correct dazz motorsports isnt really Racing hart but rather a "knockoff" or the true racing hart?? or something like that

I have Racing Hart CP-035Rs and i just found out they are complete custom rims designed to clear a specific model of Brembo's, even though I don't have them. I did however get the problem taken care. A super nice guy named Barry, who owns a porsche shop down here, fixed em right up for me for free. Now, to go after Racing hart for $700 worth of tires due to their defective rims...

al_bundy said:
wat model is it? There is a difference from the racing hart and the racing hart EVo line-up.

If im correct dazz motorsports isnt really Racing hart but rather a "knockoff" or the true racing hart?? or something like that

I believe Dazz MotorSports sells the real Racing Heart rims. I'm not sure if they are the main importer, kind of like how King MotorSports is the main importer for Mugen, or if they are simply one of the many vendors.

I get all of my RH via MCD in Tampa via DAZZ. DAZZ is the numero uno north american authorized dist. But for some reason I get a better wholesale from a middle man then the main man???

If they were "custom" for a specific car/brembo package, guess what you get a "custom" warrenty aka nada. But hey they may give you something. Never hurts to try. Just call them upset saying you almost crashed an exotic due to their faulty weld.

Well, this goes far beyond warranty...this is a manufacturer defect. If I had wrecked my "exotic" Dazz Motorsports and Racing Hart would have a hefty lawsuit on their hands. They got lucky though and it wasn't serious.

I do however think that I should be compensated for the tires this rim caused me to go through. I've been trying to figure out what I should do and so far, I guess I'm just gonna call Dazz and complain some more until that gets me somewhere :)

Back