• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Radio Head Unit

Hello, my oem radio does not work. When i push the power button nothing happens. I have checked all the fuses and they are oke. Does anybody know what this is?

Did you measure the voltage with a voltmeter? Did it ever work in your car?

I'd check this first.
If you really need a new head unit I've one for sale.

where do i need to measure if there is voltage. and yes it worked fine for the three yaers i own the car. at one day i pushed the power button and nothing happend.

i forgot to say that i am always interested in another head unit when mine is broken. what does your head unit cost?

where do i need to measure if there is voltage.

Have a look in the service manual, there should be a picture of the PIN's location on the connector to the Bose unit. Somewhere must be +12V and ground.

as if i have to remove the whole unit to reach the connector? is that right and is that much work or difficult?

as if i have to remove the whole unit to reach the connector? is that right and is that much work or difficult?

Yes, you have to remove the center console to get the unit out or measure the voltage to be sure. It's not difficult, just a patient word NOT TO SCRATCH or break thinks if you do it the first time.

thank you, it looks good. i think i can do it myself this weekend i will give it a try to find out if i can. again thankx for the nice pictures, i love pictures.

Back