• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Raleigh-Durham: Leith or Performance Acura?

Performance hands down. No question about it in my mind.

If you're in the Raleigh Area, don't overlook a very qualified independent technician, Steve Gooding. He is a certified NSX technician originally from CA who also worked several years for COMPTECH as well. Worked at an Acura dealer when the NSX was first introduced. KNOWS EVERYTHING about the NSX. Search for many many favorable comments from Raleigh area owners who have had Steve work on their cars. He will be at the NSX owner event tomorrow night. (See post about this event for details).

I will also vote for steve Gooding. The man knows his stuff and he cares. Jeff

Which do you guys prefer for NSX work? Need to get a 15k mile service.

SkiBanker...where are you??? Miami ??? Raleigh, NC is quite the commute for service??? If you've moved to our area, let us know. We'd like to get you involved in local events. There's one tomorrow evening. (See the post with details, but Michael Deans Restaurant @ 6pm tomorrow)

John K

another vote for steve gooding... great mechanic and a good guy and a nsx nut to boot!

cheers,

SkiBanker...where are you??? Miami ??? Raleigh, NC is quite the commute for service??? If you've moved to our area, let us know. We'd like to get you involved in local events. There's one tomorrow evening. (See the post with details, but Michael Deans Restaurant @ 6pm tomorrow)

John K

Still in Miami, but moving to London in a few weeks. The NSX is going into storage in Ral-Durham, so that is why I'd get a service there. I'll be in town for a few days the weekend of July 28th though, with the NSX, so maybe a meet for folks then?

SkiBanker,
We'll muster as many as available. Where in Raleigh will you be staying?

John Komar

I'll be in N. Durham. Most likely will get into town Fri afternoon/evening the 28th and will be pretty free through Sunday evening.

Also, thanks for the tip on Steve being a great tech. I'll keep him in mind if I have any serious work done in the area in the future. Since the 15k checkup is routine, and the car is under warranty (so I've been told :redface: ), I want to stick with an Acura dealership for this.

A meet would be fun for sure.

Andrew

Andrew,
We'll plan for a get together on Saturday afternoon, July 28th. I'll look for a spot in the NW side of Raleigh (towards Durham). Keep an eye on the forum for details. Also, I will PM you my cell # to make sure you can reach us when your on the road.

John

Andrew,
We'll plan for a get together on Saturday afternoon, July 28th. I'll look for a spot in the NW side of Raleigh (towards Durham). Keep an eye on the forum for details. Also, I will PM you my cell # to make sure you can reach us when your on the road.

John

Sounds good. If possible, we should do it later afternoon on Sat. since the car will be at Performance for a while in the morning/ early pm. Apparently, for the 15k valve adjustment, the engine has to be completely cool. In scheduling the appointment, the Performance service manager asked when I could drop it off. A: Friday around 1. Will the engine be hot? Where will you be coming from?

Miami.
:biggrin:

Sounds good. If possible, we should do it later afternoon on Sat. since the car will be at Performance for a while in the morning/ early pm. Apparently, for the 15k valve adjustment, the engine has to be completely cool. In scheduling the appointment, the Performance service manager asked when I could drop it off. A: Friday around 1. Will the engine be hot? Where will you be coming from?

Miami.
:biggrin:

The engine does have to be stone cold for valve adjustments. I had a bad adjustment done due to this once. If for some reason you can't have the car parked for a few hours to be completely cold, then i would not do the adjustment that day. Just my .02 cents. Otherwise like me, you'll be having it done a second time.

The engine does have to be stone cold for valve adjustments. I had a bad adjustment done due to this once. If for some reason you can't have the car parked for a few hours to be completely cold, then i would not do the adjustment that day. Just my .02 cents. Otherwise like me, you'll be having it done a second time.

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a valve adjustment? :redface: Think letting it sit for about 4 hours would be enough, if I only drove it about 10 miles to get to the dealership? I guess what I mean is, does stone cold mean stone cold, or just not at all warm, if that makes any sense.

Andrew(ski_banker)
Are you still scheduled to be in Raleigh this weekend? If so, my plan is to muster as many owners as possible for a 4-5pm meet at the Prime Outlets parking area near the RDU airport exit #284 off I-40. I'll provide more details shortly.

John

Andrew(ski_banker)
Are you still scheduled to be in Raleigh this weekend? If so, my plan is to muster as many owners as possible for a 4-5pm meet at the Prime Outlets parking area near the RDU airport exit #284 off I-40. I'll provide more details shortly.

John

Looking forward to it! Shoot me a PM when you have a time nailed down. A bunch of NSXs at those deserted outlets...that should be a sight!

Back