• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Random Technology hi-flow cats...

5inchfatlip said:
I second thais request, I've always heard that bypass pipes or hi-flo cats dont do much....but I'd love to hear anything.

Removing them doesn't do much on a N/A setup. But there is usually power to be gained removing them on a forced induction car.

I agree with Lud. Bypass pipes on my car N/A made no difference. With the turbo's it makes a big, big difference. I would think it is good for about 20hp.

Rob

Did removing improve the exhaust note at all??? I'm curious to know if it will improve the sound of a pure stock setup.

I am waiting to install mine and will let you know the results.

Attachments

• high flow cats.jpg
    high flow cats.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 230
I recently installed bypass pipes on my none FI car. At present I have also installed RM Headers, Arc Titanium Exhaust and K&N Filter. I got the impression after installing the bypass pipes that the car was quicker and seemed to get to redline with less effort. Also the exhaust sounds even better and is definitely loader (by about 25%) but in a good way.

MiamieNeSeX said:
I am waiting to install mine and will let you know the results.

Are you running the stock cats now? I'm interested in the difference between the stock cats and the Random Tech cats. We all expect that no cats will be the best-performingl. However, the point is to see if the Random Tech cats are a worthy upgrade compared to the stock cats.

If you can, try and get dynoed before you put on the Random Tech cats, so we can get an idea of exactly what kind of improvement over the stock cats they provide.

-CiaoBoy

CiaoBoy said:
Are you running the stock cats now? I'm interested in the difference between the stock cats and the Random Tech cats. We all expect that no cats will be the best-performingl. However, the point is to see if the Random Tech cats are a worthy upgrade compared to the stock cats.

If you can, try and get dynoed before you put on the Random Tech cats, so we can get an idea of exactly what kind of improvement over the stock cats they provide.

-CiaoBoy

That would be ideal but I am also doing some other work to the car, so the dyno wouldn,t only show the high flow cat inprovements.

5inchfatlip said:
Miami- I'm thinking yours will do alot since you are already on FI...for about $600 for both anyone have b4 and after dyno numbers?

We are hoping so, but with the high flows, new headers and Fuel management we should do quite well

Back