• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheels RARE Advan AVS Model 5 17x8+38 & 18x10+45 (18x10 BNIB)

Harlingen, TX .................Moving to Denver
**UPDATE**
SOLD!!! Thanks, Prime! I felt like a stalker with all the lurking around I did the last week! LOL!

Up for sale are my Advan AVS Model 5 wheels. I originally had gunmetal 17x8 (listed here) as fronts, and 17x9 as rears on my RX7. About 7 years ago, I replaced these wheels on my RX7 and decided to upgrade my Model 5 set to 18's. I sold the 17x9s to a friend of mine that was trying to piece together a used set, and bought a brand-new replacement pair of 18x10+45 in silver (listed here). Unfortunately, shortly afterward, I was screwed over $12,000 by a contractor "friend" that I had hired to remodel my house, and purchasing the other pair of wheels went straight to the backburner. When I finally decided to complete the upgrade and purchase the 18-inch fronts, the Models 5s had already been discontinued. So I was stuck with a 17/18 set of color-mismatched Model 5s. I entertained the idea of refinishing the 17s to match the 18s, and still use them. But after seeing another RX7 with a 17/18 set, I didn't think that looked very good.

Now that I'm moving to Colorado, I need to get rid of these puppies as they are just collecting dust in my garage. I was told that the NSX community uses 17/18 wheel sets, so that's why I'm trying to sell them here first.

CONDITION:
The 18x10 silver Model 5s are BRAND-NEW! As a matter of fact, I had not even opened either box until I took these pictures! So you will get one box that was opened to take pics, and one that is still a virgin.

One of the 17x8 gunmetal wheels has a little lip damage from a pothole incident (see pics). Looked like 2 puddles until I drove through them. A local shop quoted me $185 to fix the damaged lip and refinish both gunmetal wheels to silver. But I never got around to it. Other than the pothole damage on the one wheel, they are in great condition.

PRICE:
$2000 for both sets + shipping + ½ Paypal fees
I do not wish to sell the pairs separately at the moment, and I am not interested in any trades.

18x10+45:
Never opened
IMAG0367.jpg

Original shipping to my work address
f0fd080e-14d6-49fc-8565-1fbf6a85d0fe.jpg

Opened for the first time
IMAG0369.jpg

IMAG0370.jpg

Made sure center caps were included
IMAG0372.jpg

17x8+38:
IMAG0377.jpg