• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ray's Gram Lights 57xtreme 18/19's Matt Graphite

Hey Primers,

So the time has come to downsize the wheels from 19/20's to 18/19's. While I did like the look of 19/20's, the ride quality was too harsh given NYC roads.

An inch down all around doesn't seem like much but it did wonders in all aspects of ride quality...and performance (coming from a 3 pieced forged 19/20's to one of the lightest 18/19's avail to the x, the x feels as it should...fast and nimble).

Took me 5 months to get these shipped from Japan but feel it was worth the wait....these wheels look simple and clean with nice concavity in the rears.

Incl a before pic with all open.

Pics taken with iphone...not so great without ample light...will post better hi res pics later on (and with the center caps installed). :)

Have a question...How's it sitting now? too much gap? Downsizing created an extra inch or so to the space between the tire and fender. Chime in pls~

Attachments

• nsx4.jpg
    nsx4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 339
  • 57xtreme installed 1.jpg
    57xtreme installed 1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 387
  • 57xtreme installed 2.jpg
    57xtreme installed 2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 392
  • 57xtreme installed 3.jpg
    57xtreme installed 3.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 350
  • 57xtreme installed 5.jpg
    57xtreme installed 5.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 397
  • 57xtreme installed 4.jpg
    57xtreme installed 4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 352
Too much gap yes

What size tires are you running? The front and rears look pretty stretched. Are they Falkens?

Thanks for the feedback on the gap...I think its time for coilovers~

"Stock suspension?"

-She's lowered with Eibach springs. With the 19/20 set -up, sat perfect. Just surprised switching to 18/19's created that much gap.

"What size tires are you running? The front and rears look pretty stretched. Are they Falkens?"
"Nice! what are your specs?"

-Specs:
Front: 215/35/18; 18x8.5 +33
Rear: 275/30/19; 19x10.5 +43
Tires: Goodyear F1

I have a friend with the same specs and his was flush. Was def surprised after installation the stretched outcome.

Anyone else running the same specs that ended up with similar stretched look?

A 215 needs a 7-8 wheel max. 8.5 definitely creates a stretch. 10.5 rear is also too wide for the 275 IMO. 10 is all you need for almost any tire on the rear of the nsx.

Very nice wheels...color looks great on Silver...definitely needs some slamming!

a quick update pics...went to bear mtn with some friends incl repin jerz (now owns R8)~

bear mtn pic 1.3.jpgbear mtn pic 1.5.jpgbear mtn pic 1.9.jpg

What a fun day and some great pics! Truth be told...ssangkal1001's NSX along with her sexy new shoes received the most attention and clicked the most pics by far and rightfully so! I would also like to mention to our Prime family and beyond a very proud and distinct moment...Kev's NSX led our misfit caravan for the entire trip! His car was always front and center leading the way...so forgive him for not posting more pics...he had no other choice. Thanks for all the great memories Prime! R8 Talk should take a page or 2 from this book...

Nice choice on wheels they look like they have some awesome dimension to them. :thumbup:

First I must say I think they look great on your X

I've had an eye on these new RAY's for a while.
After looking at your pictures with 18x8.5 fronts/19x10.5 rears I feel like the sizes SOS has in stock might not be what I'm after(18x7.5/19x9.5)
I'd like a meaty Star SpecII 225/40 18 up front and 275/35 19 out back ... any sizing suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I am still torn between Matte Graphite or Silver ... not sure how the Graphite will contrast Formula Red.

Again .. The wheels look great!

-Tyler

Back