• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Real stock HorsePower of the Facelifted NSX

Re: Re: Horsepower of NSX-R

Shouldn't it be less than the normal NSX since the gearing was set for fast acceleration rather than top speed. If I'm not mistaken NSX-R top speed is about 170mph and the normal manual one is 175mph(slower acceleration).:D
Not necessarily...

If you consider that the stock 2002 NSX (with 4.062:1 Ring & Pinion) could go, say, 172 MPH, the engine RPM at that speed is approximately 6,812 RPM (reference NSX Prime - Ratios and Speeds at 8000 RPM; equation:8000/202*172). At that RPM, the NSX is developing approximately 263 RWHP (reference Comptech Dyno for 2000 NSX). However, the NSX-R (with 4.235:1 Ring & Pinion), has the engine spinning at approximately 7102 RPM (equation:6812/4.062*4.235) and developing approximately 266 RWHP. Three(3) more horsepower could overcome the aerodynamic resistance to push the NSX-R a few MPHs faster.

Re: Re: Re: Horsepower of NSX-R

nsx1 said:
Three(3) more horsepower could overcome the aerodynamic resistance to push the NSX-R a few MPHs faster.
I agree with your logic. There are too many variables, but with all things being equal and knowing that the required power is proportional to velocity cubed, three extra horsepower would only gain 0.68 mph.

Bob

8uviper said:
Sure, if you agree to cover any damage that results from the dyno run. Unfortunatley I have had some bad experience with dynos and I'm not to crazy about doing that.
What kind of damages are you talking about? I can't imagine a dyno causing any type that wouldn't be covered under warranty. It's not like you are going out and racing it or anything. The car is designed to be run up to redline anyway??? :confused:
Could you please explain that statement.

Im relieved that the NSX-R doesn’t pump out more than 300HP

This makes it even more amazing.

0-60 in 4.4s with an engine with less than 300 HP!!!!!! Unbelievable!!

But that is exactly what the NSX is,

an Unbelievable Performer which keeps on bullying the laws of physics.

2003 HP to the RR Wheels.

I was at Auto Wave yesterday and they just installed a Taitec on a '03 Yellow/Yellow. Peak HP was 258 HP before exhaust install and 278 after. The other mods were a Cantrell Intake and a AM drop in filter (don't know the brand). The owner of the car is not a member of Prime - yet.

Sounds like the 03 is making the same power then... just as we have all said.

I don't see how a taitec exhaust made a differnce of 20 HP... was that 258 bone stock? then 278 with the intake, exhaust and filter?

Sos only picked up 12 HP on the taitec and that was with headers... 20 seems way optimistic...

Back