• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RealTime Racing

As far as I know, both are still alive and well. I don't think there have been any Speed GT races yet this season. My son and I are
hoping to see the No. 42 NSX at Road America this year.

The GT and Touring races were run a couple weeks ago at Sebring. Cunningham was running in the Speed Touring only with the Integra. He's taking the year off to focus on the Touring series and he just had a new addition to his family. Said he'll be back in 2004 with the NSX.

PD's NSX back in 2004

"Said he'll be back in 2004 with the NSX."

Hey Vytas, where did you hear/see that? I hope you're right, but they kept dinging him bad last year on boost. And he was getting hole shot every time by those Audi's. Standing starts suck for him.

Ted

I found this info at www.TheRaceSite.com. There's so many links there that I couldn't find the article where I saw it before.

Is Petie coming out in 2004 with the same NSX or are they going to use the redesigned NSX. I know they both have the same engine. I was just curious.

I hope Peter does run in 2004, which would make two NSX’s.

“Is Peter coming out in 2004 with the same NSX or are they going to use the redesigned NSX.”

Peter did construct a new car on the old platform, but it was for this season, if he does run next year… you never know what he will show up with.

These are early pictures for my car- It’s much further along now; I’m actually racing it next weekend (Regionally/SPO)

RTR gave me a lot of support, not to mention most of the parts off the old car.

I will get more picks soon.

Oh I will race the Road Atlanta WC race this year.

www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pb4d6eb3667cfe69b50a4fe81b126fd3f/fc4cb9fb.jpg

www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p57570aaff89fc19954f4a9a66009746c/fc4cb9f8.jpg

Great pics racer-21 Let us know who did your cage and also how much of ol #42 is in your car.

Nice cage RacerX! Looks great with that GT2 bodywork ;)

RacerX-21 said:
RTR gave me a lot of support, not to mention most of the parts off the old car.

Oh I will race the Road Atlanta WC race this year.

Looks like an interesting project. Am including your picture in-line

fc4cb9fb.jpg

From the above, I take it you are racing the NSX in SWC-GT at Road Atlanta. Are you doing both race weekends (late June and mid October)?

Re: PD's NSX back in 2004

92 white 0650 said:
And he was getting hole shot every time by those Audi's. Standing starts suck for him.

Situation gets even more competitive this year -- Audi is campaigning the new RS6, and several high hp contenters (E46M3, C5-Z06... I think there is also a Viper). Also, the SWC-GT series switched to R-compound tires this year (Toyo RA-1), allowing the higher powered cars to put the power down better.

Hopefully the wrenches at RTR can match serve... used JGTC GT500 parts, anyone ?? :)

I cant say enough about how helpful Realtime has been, not only have they sold me everything I wanted, they have been very generous with the proprietary details that go into each of the components… basically sharing the years of development that went into this platform.

To answer the question about what parts are from RTR? I have purchased most everything that will help my effort, from the supercharger to the center lock wheels, to the special clutch and 6-speed. The RTR decision to not run the NSX this season was looming until the last minute; I needed to get this project started if I was going to get a 2003 race or two. If RTR knew earlier I would have just purchased the whole car. Now I’m glad I started new, I incorporated a lot of improvements that are in his new NSX.

Oh, about the weight- it will be a handful at first, to follow PD’s past… He is truly one of the greatest racers, in-fact he is the Winn ingest SCCA racer of all time. A lot “Reward” rules came with being that good; More weight, lower rev limit, smaller rear tires, less boost… Fortunately they adjust the rules per entrant, and what they taketh away they can giveth back. I don’t mean to undersell myself or sound arrogant; I know my skills and will do well in this series, with time to sort the car.

You Cunningham fans are about to get some interesting news next week (This weekend if your going to the LA auto show). I will clarify after the cat is out of the bag.

Oh, one other thing; I’m really disappointed that I wont get to bring this NSX to expo. I have a race the following weekend, with practice and time trials earlier in the week.

cojones said:
Looks like an interesting project. Am including your picture in-line

fc4cb9fb.jpg

From the above, I take it you are racing the NSX in SWC-GT at Road Atlanta. Are you doing both race weekends (late June and mid October)?

I will have the car at the June race, but I wont be race ready for that series.

You Cunningham fans are about to get some interesting news next week (This weekend if your going to the LA auto show). I will clarify after the cat is out of the bag.

Interesting good or interesting bad?

And it's great to have another NSX driver to root for! I hope you do really really well.

news from SEMA LA Auto Salon ?

RacerX-21 said:
Is PD at the LA SEMA show this weekend?

Is the interesting news from Vortech or any of the RTR component suppliers?

After a successful SWC-GT campaign, I wouldn't be surprised if they are announcing general availability of the NSX SC unit. They already have units for other Hondas (S2K, Teg GSR and LS, etc) that offer "significant" gains.

Last edited:
Re: news from SEMA LA Auto Salon ?

nsx1164 said:
Is PD at the LA SEMA show this weekend?
Yes and No.

###################

From SWC website

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (April 25, 2003) - Nissan announced today that three-time SCCA Speed World Challenge Champion Peter Cunningham and TeamRTR will campaign a new Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V in the 2003 Speed Touring Car Championship. Ron Stukenberg, Nissan Motorsports Marketing and Operations’ Senior Manager, made the announcement today during a press conference at the 2003 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) International Auto Salon (IAS).

Cunningham, defending Speed World Challenge Touring Car Champion and TeamRTR owner, will carry the number one plate as he aims for his seventh professional driver's championship.

The TeamRTR Sentra SE-R Spec V, which started life as a powerful street car, evolved into a top-flight racing machine. The 2.5-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine's output has been increased to 250+ horsepower and the stock SE-R's handling prowess has been enhanced with a full array of NISMO components. The SE-R Spec V will also be easy to spot on the track with its custom silver and black paint with large Nissan symbols on the hood, rear and sides.

042004sentraracecar.jpg

see http://www.world-challenge.com/news/03press62.html for full text.

Q: the RTR SWC-TC campaign has to-date been Acura ITR (now RSX-S)... are they still campaigning these with )former SWC-TC champ) Pierre and other(s) TBD ??

#############

PD has achieved impressive success as a privateer; with the resources/commitment of a factory-backed effort (Nissan/NISMO), Team RTR will definitely be an even stronger force to reckon with.

Hopefully Acura/Honda will match serve if they want to stay competitive.

I thought the news was going to be about the RTR NSX:confused:

Re: JGTC in US market

cojones said:
Hopefully the wrenches at RTR can match serve... used JGTC GT500 parts, anyone ?? :)
This might not be too far-fetched.

I saw an ad in the current Autoweek, showing one of the McLaren F1-GTR cars from the JGTC series on sale. Its an interesting car, albeit detuned a bit for JGTC parity. I got to ride with the pilot who campaigns this car at NSX Fiesta -- took me around Suzuka in an NA1 NSX-R.

Back