• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear axles!

Hey everyone...any idea where I can get new rear axles..my 92 racecar had 52k miles on it and one of the CV joints exploded so I think I should change the complete axles...
Thanks in adavance and have a great holiday season!
Jerome

I1O101I said:
Best place to get one is from the dealer. I also need an axle too on my passenger side. I am just going to replace both sides. I have to see how much they are going to cost at my sisters dealer.

Lots! When I looked into this the joints were very costly from the dealer.
I would be curious to know what they wanted though.

I broke a joint coming out of T11 at Sears Point 1st day second session of a 3 day event.
I went to HAP and got a used 1/2 shaft. http://www.haprecycling.com ~$200 bucks.
Was up and running the next day. The closest joint was located in KY.
Would be a week to get the joint from the dealer.

Later,
Don

Check with Joe Toth at EZR or is it ERZ CAR anyway he is in Brooklyn, NY. Drop him a e-mail at [email protected] They have salvaged out over 100 NSXs!!!!! I am sure that he has some good used axels at resonable prices.

Brad

I wouldn't be too sure about the price. He wanted more for a used six speed transmission then it would cost to get a new one from Acura (with NSXCA discount)!

If an axle breaks due to age or use I replace both with new ones at the same time. $200.00 for a used one with no knowledge of it's usage is a roll of the dice.

Jerome,

If you are interested we can rebuild you a set of axles to our spec. After many years of testing we finally have a solution that has been holding up for us at the strip and roadcourse. We've put over 800rwhp to these!

Last edited:
Jerome,

I have a set of Rob Moore Performance 300M axles on my car. Best material for this application. You can contact Shane at Autowave (714-841-2433)for more info.

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/3426/axleskw2.jpg

Regards,

Danny

Mike has worked with Rob in the past and spoke with him recently about making a set for the NSX. The maximum power rating he would run through the 300m modified axles is 600hp. If you want to make the next step to the 1k mark it requires quite a bit of modifications utilizing some Porsche parts.

Can you give me a rough idea the cost?

Thanks.
Don

We have never really sold sets to the public, I'll try to get Mike to put together a price. They should not be that expensive.

Mike has worked with Rob in the past and spoke with him recently about making a set for the NSX. The maximum power rating he would run through the 300m modified axles is 600hp. If you want to make the next step to the 1k mark it requires quite a bit of modifications utilizing some Porsche parts.

The specs we gave Rob for my 300M axles was for 1000 rwhp, but that was about 2-3 years ago.

Regards,

Danny

I wouldn't be too sure about the price. He wanted more for a used six speed transmission then it would cost to get a new one from Acura (with NSXCA discount)!
I checked with ERZ when I was shopping for a used engine and their prices were reasonable, a small fraction of new. < shrug >

Shop around...

You might try The Driveshaft Shop - they made an nsx CV joint for me when I was destroying them at the drag strip on a regular basis. Fair prices and they stand behind their work (overnighted a free replacement axle for my other Honda when one broke at the track). I know that on FWD drag cars, their stuff holds up better than the parts from Raxles.

Best of luck with your project.

Back