• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear Hatch Stuck

Push down on the hatch where the release meets the glass-about six inches left of center at the edge of the glass. If that does not work try pushing down on it again and have someone try the release lever then, or if you have incredibly long arms you cen reach it yourself. If it opens, check for debris or grease buildup around the release mechanism. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by NSX-Ster:
Push down on the hatch where the release meets the glass-about six inches left of center at the edge of the glass. If that does not work try pushing down on it again and have someone try the release lever then, or if you have incredibly long arms you cen reach it yourself. If it opens, check for debris or grease buildup around the release mechanism. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that did the trick!!! What happened was that the plastic clip that hold the prop for the engine cover when it is closed fell off and the prop got caught between the engine cover and the body resulting in a buldge when the glass was shut. I pushed down while someone hit the latch and it popped open.

Originally posted by NSX-Ster:
Rickro-
Glad it worked! Now you can cruise in style to get your favorite gumbo.

Someone from the west coast that knows gumbo; I am truly impressed. If you knew what jambalaya was I'de be even more impressed. Next time you come down here I'll treat you to some true cajun cuisune for the tip you gave me. Have a good one!

Originally posted by rickro:
Someone from the west coast that knows gumbo; I am truly impressed. If you knew what jambalaya was I'de be even more impressed. Next time you come down here I'll treat you to some true cajun cuisune for the tip you gave me. Have a good one!

I'm originally from the South, spending time in GA,TN. One of my fondest Southern memories is Jazzfest in New Orleans. I'd love to attend that event again! I've had some great Jambalaya down there too. Now I say "Dude"
Good luck dude!

Back