• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear speaker, stock stereo

What is the rear speaker between the seats used for? It is driven by the Bass Footwell amplifier module. Is it a second bass speaker, or is it a surround sound where it derives it signal as the difference between the right & left channels? Inquiring minds want to know!!! (I couldn't find the answer in my helm manual or the FAQ's).

Fritz

Originally posted by nsx4fun:
What is the rear speaker between the seats used for?

It's a midrange-tweeter.

is it a surround sound where it derives it signal as the difference between the right & left channels?

The difference is only useful for surround sound for individual speakers on each side (one with the R-L difference, the other with L-R), not for one in the middle.

(I couldn't find the answer in my helm manual or the FAQ's).

You must not have looked in the Technical Information and Development History book that's in the FAQ, where the sound system is described here.
wink.gif

Thanks for the reply. I did a search of the FAQ on Center speaker, and the first 5 items didn't list that article as a match. How easy is it to hear sound from the center speaker. My wife thinks it's dead, but I think it is working and just doesn't get enough volume such that you hear sound emanating from it.

How easy is it to hear sound from the center speaker.

It's not easy.

My wife thinks it's dead, but I think it is working and just doesn't get enough volume such that you hear sound emanating from it.

You are probably right.

Back