• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear view mirror

Hi my rearview mirror has clouded up and I want to get a new one, its $101 from hondacuraworld.com I was wondering if anyone had a line on a used one I could buy? I took it apart to see about having a new piece of mirrored glass made but its not a simple piece of flat glass and they dont just sell a replacement piece of mirrored glass for it you have to buy the whole mirror,if you have any leads please email me.Thanks Doug

I would be interested to know if anyone has found a shorter replacement mirror that will attach to the OEM mount.

Only about 2/3 of the mirror's vertical reflection is actually useful to me - the rest is the inside of the car or the engine cover and rear spoiler. I'd rather have a shorter mirror which would offer the same useful rearward vision and block less forward vision.

Originally posted by Lud:
and block less forward vision

...of the sky. A problem I thought you solved when you sold your NSX coupe and bought an NSX-T.
wink.gif

'round here we have these geological formations known as "mountains".... When taking an uphill right-hand turn, the mirror is often directly in the line of site between the driver and the road ahead. I figured a smaller mirror would be in the way less often and/or to a lesser extent.

'round here we have these geological formations known as "mountains"....

What are those?
biggrin.gif

When taking an uphill right-hand turn, the mirror is often directly in the line of site between the driver and the road ahead.

As they say at Indy, "Just turn left."
biggrin.gif

Back