• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

recommendation for digital camera ($200)

Hi, I'm in the market of getting a digital camera, as most of you, most of my pics taken are all cars, so better pic quality, able to zoom far enough and able to take good action shot, even a short video clip is neccesity...

Since we are nsx owners, I expect the thing last forever too... :rolleyes:

Am I asking too much for paying merely $200?? I guessed I got spoiled by the camera my mother in law gave me, it was a fuji (sorry forgot what the model is), and it's the "JDM" model but it broke 2 times in a year, (without operation errors). One is battery not recharging, the other is the auto lens cover got stucked in the middle and basically not operable due to that.... :mad:

I have this one and I'm very satisfied. It reacts very quick when you take pics of driving cars, it has a big optical zoom, the resolution is good (despite the nominal 3.2 MP) and you can even make videos with mono sound (you see some examples for pics and one video on my site).

I guess it's in your price range (cheaper than the Z-2 but not much worse).

My first pic would be the Canon Powershot .... the Kyocera Sl300 is also a great cam with the fastest start up time of any digital cam in that range. The sony is also a good cam but I just dont like memory sticks. The others take standard flash cards which are cheaper and larger.

Go to www.PriceGrabber.com and then do a search of digital cameras by price.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=48/vendors

Back