• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommendation? good street tires for Colorado weather

I am looking to put some rubbers on TE37SL (215 40 17 and 265 35 18)and was wondering if you guys have any recommendation here in Colorado.
As some of you probably don't know, we get snow and next day we get dry pavements. However during winter it gets cold, mostly 30s but it's usually sunny (feels like 50s). I probably won't be driving during snowy days but I might drive when it is cold outside if it's sunny.

Also I am not going to track my car and it will be strictly street car. Maybe I will go some mountain driving.

Tirerack has
1. KUMHO ECSTA PS31
2. SUMITOMO HTR Z II
3. YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R
4. DUNLOP DIREZZA ZII STAR SPEC
5. FALKEN AZENIS RT615K+
6. DUNLOP DIREZZA ZIII

And I think discount tire has the YOKOHAMA S DRIVE

What would you recommend? I was thinking getting either Kumho or the Sumitomo since I won't be seeing track but if you guys have any recommendation then please feel free to share.

Last edited:
Oh also looking at Yokohama S drive it's in the same category as UHPT. Meaning they are okay in wet condition as well. I guess now it's up to me to decide which one is best tires out of 3 for this particular size.

If you can get the S.Drive in those sizes that is the tire I would go with. I have had those on several other cars and really liked them and they are good for spirited driving and still function in the wet.

Given the choices listed I would also recommend the S.drives as several of the other tires have temperature restrictions that could affect how your car handles (esp. in colder temps). Some specifically state not to drive or store the tires in sub-freezing temps, which I am assuming could be possible even inside your garage in an extreme winter.

If you are just talking summer only I would recommend the AD08R which I have on my NSX or the Direzza ZIII which I have on my BMW E30 M3. Both are excellent summer tires.

Last edited:
I am looking to put some rubbers on TE37SL (215 40 17 and 265 35 18)and was wondering if you guys have any recommendation here in Colorado.
As some of you probably don't know, we get snow and next day we get dry pavements. However during winter it gets cold, mostly 30s but it's usually sunny (feels like 50s). I probably won't be driving during snowy days but I might drive when it is cold outside if it's sunny.

Also I am not going to track my car and it will be strictly street car. Maybe I will go some mountain driving.

Tirerack has
1. KUMHO ECSTA PS31
2. SUMITOMO HTR Z II
3. YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R
4. DUNLOP DIREZZA ZII STAR SPEC
5. FALKEN AZENIS RT615K+
6. DUNLOP DIREZZA ZIII

And I think discount tire has the YOKOHAMA S DRIVE

What would you recommend? I was thinking getting either Kumho or the Sumitomo since I won't be seeing track but if you guys have any recommendation then please feel free to share.

I used S.Drives on my 91 in Colorado (2002+ OEM sizes) and they were great, even worked in light snow! Worked very well on the track at HPRW too. A great all-around summer sport tire that will not leave you stranded in those early-fall, late-spring snow surprises we get here.

I used S.Drives on my 91 in Colorado (2002+ OEM sizes) and they were great, even worked in light snow! Worked very well on the track at HPRW too. A great all-around summer sport tire that will not leave you stranded in those early-fall, late-spring snow surprises we get here.

Awesome, just ordered some S drives at discount tires. Should be here next week or so. Thank you guys for inputs.

is the S.Driver tire true to its size? I recalled some brand tires are narrow for a given size.

If you can get the S.Drive in those sizes that is the tire I would go with. I have had those on several other cars and really liked them and they are good for spirited driving and still function in the wet.

Back