• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommendation on a good auto repair shop

I think I need to replace my clutch on my 97 NSX-T. Any recommendations of a quality and reliable shop in the east bay?

I like the way the stock clutch performs, would you consider a stock or aftermarket clutch? If you have replaced your clutch, how much did you pay for the replacement (parts and labor)?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately there aren't any that I know of in the East Bay. The closest one for you would be Hilltop Auto Service in Daly City. www.hilltopautoservice.com They do excellent work. Alot of Bay Area NSXers including me take it there.

There is also one in Roseville: Pettitt's Automotive. I hear Bruce does great work. http://www.pettittsauto.com/

Both specialize on NSX's

------------------
Jay
'91 Red/Ivory (Sold)
'96 Red/Black

[This message has been edited by Option2 (edited 11 February 2003).]

Option2, did you ever need your clutch replaced? If so, how much did it cost you and did you use a stock or aftermarket?

By the way, your car looks familiar. Are you the person driving on Lone Tree on SuperBowl day? I was driving the yellow NSX when you honked at me.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Originally posted by PHATNSX:
Option2, did you ever need your clutch replaced? If so, how much did it cost you and did you use a stock or aftermarket?

By the way, your car looks familiar. Are you the person driving on Lone Tree on SuperBowl day? I was driving the yellow NSX when you honked at me.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah that was me that honked at you. I was just coming back from a NSX drive: http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000562.html

No I haven't replaced my clutch yet.

------------------
Jay
'91 Red/Ivory (Sold)
'96 Red/Black

Gerry Johnson @ Performance Autoworx is in Modesto - I believe he can get you just about any brand of clutch you want to put in there (Stock, Comptech, Clutchmasters etc)
I highly recommend him for any NSX work - have him install a turbo for you while it's there!
pain.gif

His new e-mail is [email protected].

I second the recommendation of Don at Hilltop Auto for the work. It is not in the East Bay, but it is near Bart so you could take Bart home and back (or somewhere else) while the clutch is being installed. Don does very good work.

Chip

------------------
Chip Alexander
'97 Blue/Tan NSX-T with Tubi Exhaust, Italian Horn
'92 Green/Tan Lexus SC400 Coupe
'02 Blue/Tan BMW 325iT Sportwagon

Originally posted by calexand:
I second the recommendation of Don at Hilltop Auto for the work. It is not in the East Bay, but it is near Bart so you could take Bart home and back (or somewhere else) while the clutch is being installed. Don does very good work.

Thanks Chip, Im actually bringing my car to Don this friday for "Header installation and possibly 60K service"

[This message has been edited by spartan2-3 (edited 12 February 2003).]

My car is due for the timing belt/water pump replacement and 60K service.

I sure would like to spend that money on the Taitec GT headers but.......maintenance first
frown.gif

------------------
Jay
'91 Red/Ivory (Sold)
'96 Red/Black

[This message has been edited by Option2 (edited 12 February 2003).]

I was planning to get the Taitec lightweight exhaust but found out recently my clutch is wearing out. Guess I have to wait and deal with my stock exhaust for now.

Option2, you think i can drop by sometime and check out your exhaust? Heard you got the JGTC?

Originally posted by PHATNSX:
Option2, you think i can drop by sometime and check out your exhaust? Heard you got the JGTC?

Drop me an email so we can talk about when we can hookup

------------------
Jay
'91 Red/Ivory (Sold)
'96 Red/Black

Back